Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering dumping Glock for Beretta. Thoughts?

Seriously considering dumping Glock for Beretta. Thoughts?

6 weeks ago I bought my first Beretta. This is the only pistol I've ever done anything serious with besides a Glock or M&P. In 6 weeks my shooting has drastically improved (proof in my training journal) and I attribute a lot of it to what this Beretta DA trigger has taught me about trigger control. Every time I shoot it I'm amazed at what I'm able to wring out of it and I can't help but feel I'm barely scratching the surface. To date I have 688 rounds through the Beretta. In that same time frame I've put 1,333 rounds through Glocks with tens of thousands of rounds through Glocks up until this point.

Today was an important milestone in the Beretta journey as it's the first opportunity I've had to work with the Beretta out of a holster. It just so happens to also be my first time ever using an SLS holster ever. Yesterday I timed my draw to 3x5 at 7yds with my Glock 45 from a Bladetech OWB. My average across 10 draws was 1.7 with 8/10 hits. Today with the Beretta from the SLS my average (after only 15 draws to body) to the 3x5 across 10 draws was 1.89 with 8/10 hits. Actual numbers shown below. It's skewed high by a couple 2+ runs where I missed the hood.

So here's where I'm at: I'm nipping the heels of the performance of a platform with TONS of time invested with a platform I've barely messed with. That makes me think, "Wow, what could I accomplish if I really dug in with the Beretta?"

So now comes the real question: How bad of an idea is it to sell both G45's and my 92A1, pick up a pair of LTT's and run the piss out of them?

Other thoughts: the 92's DA trigger translates nicely to the 642, which is what I actually carry 5 days a week.

I'll finish the post with some other performance metrics between the 92A1 and G45. Appreciate all thoughts and feedback:

Best ever G45 B8 @ 25yds (97/100):

92A1 on the same day, less than a week into owning it (stock sights, drive the dot hold, 95/100):

Best ever 92A1 B8 @ 25yds (99/100):

FBI Bullseye with 92A1 (294/300):

FBI Bullseye with G45 (285/300):
    Last edited by ASH556; 02-20-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

What will provide you with the most interest going forward? If you continue with the G45, are you constantly going to be looking at the LTT and wondering?

If you do swing towards the B92, I wouldn't sell the 92A1, I'd just buy the LTT.

When will the G45 be in the classifieds?

Wring out as much learning from your current Beretta as you can. Any time I hold a new gun there's a quick bump in performance because I'm rethinking grip and sight, actively considering sight picture and paying attention to recoil… it's a honeymoon that seems to fade after a little bit. It's not a bad thing, and you should use it to progress, but I wouldn't do a costly jump-ship. Switching platforms costs a *lot* of money in holsters, magazines, support gear.

Don't get me wrong, I want a LTT 92 more than I want to retire right now… but I'm willing to bet you'll get a *lot* of progress and learning continuing to work your current collection. Maybe start saving now, and wait till your progress stagnates or you have a big class coming up.

Sell the 92A1 and put that money towards a 92 LTT.

Keep the G45. Every home has a place for at least one Glock.

Beyond that, run what you like man. Unless you're constrained by work or a particular concealed carry need, there is ZERO reason for you NOT to shoot whatever the fuck you want.

Numbers matter but at the end of the day, none of this really matters provided you're training consistently, you're aware of your surroundings and you don't get yourself involved in stupid shit that would result in you needing to draw a firearm. Yes, im very much aware that those situations sometimes choose us but a fighting mindset is more important than .01 improvement on a draw or a higher score on a qualification.

Id take a pistol im confident with and enjoy training over the above metrics.

It's worth noting perhaps that I have a twin pair of G45's. I'm a fan of having a carry and training pair of identical pistols; hence the selling both G45's and the 92A1 to come up with 2 LTT's.

Part of the equation is where to dedicate training time to. It seems counter intuitive to me to spend all my training time with the 92A1 and then carry a Glock 45. If I'm carrying the Glock that should be what I'm training with (at least, that's how it works in my mind, but maybe I need to change my mind.)
    Food Court Apprentice

It's a buyer's market right now. I'd hold onto the Glocks and look to add the LTT92 later.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    It's a buyer's market right now. I'd hold onto the Glocks and look to add the LTT92 later.
    Nothing personal, but people said that 6 weeks ago when I sold my Gen 4 17's and bought the G45's. I got $450/ea locally for my used Gen 4 17's in stock configuration.
    Food Court Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Nothing personal, but people said that 6 weeks ago when I sold my Gen 4 17's and bought the G45's. I got $450/ea locally for my used Gen 4 17's in stock configuration.
    Locally I've seen used Glock prices dropping. Then again, your G45s are a new and desirable model, so will probably hold their value better.

I'd still hold onto at least one of the Glocks - Glocks are ubiquitous, and you may find reason to come back to them.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List