12 66.67%
  • Alloy P226

2 11.11%
  • P226 SSE

0 0%
  • P226 X-Five Allround

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a new P226 X-Five Allround (or two), or am I dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusasmith View Post
    @taadski
    I'm glad to hear from someone who owns a few.
    • Do you have enough experience with regular P226s and/or P226 SSE to make a comparison among those models and the X-Five?
    • Is the extractor something covered under warranty, and does SIG USA deal with warranty issues for these imported guns?
    The post you found still pretty well summarizes my take. Although I have been shooting the pair of X5s more consistently now for a while. I might tweak my answer to appreciating the 5" gun a bit more these days. They're probably my favorite pure shooters. But it's hair splitting. And I still carry a standard 226R for work and daily use.

Re warranty stuff, my info is a bit dated, but it is my understanding that the answer is no. Separate manufacturer, all together, hence the exorbitant costs. However there have been some rumors that some of the "custom shop" guns may start getting built in NH. But I've personally not seen any actual evidence to support it, other than perhaps the American version of the P210.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    The post you found still pretty well summarizes my take. Although I have been shooting the pair of X5s more consistently now for a while. I might tweak my answer to appreciating the 5" gun a bit more these days. They're probably my favorite pure shooters. But it's hair splitting. And I still carry a standard 226R for work and daily use.
    I’d kill for a 5” Legion 226......

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’d kill for a 5” Legion 226......

I wonder if Sig USA is not making the classic series X line in the US because it would cut into the higher margin P320 x line? They got kinda there with the legions.

Or why can't they just put a short external extractor on the German X-Five. Hell, I'd even settle for a long external extractor.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

The LDCs are German made stainless framed pistols with a short external extractor. Might be a middle ground option for you, as they aren't 5", but also aren't $2500 bucks. (shrug)

Here are the girls, btw...

The LDCs are German made stainless framed pistols with a short external extractor. Might be a middle ground option for you, as they aren't 5", but also aren't $2500 bucks. (shrug)

Also not production legal, but I'm probably going to run AIWB in Limited Minor.

Still, thanks for posing another option

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

My take for me is... What makes me so damn special or different that I need some snowflake pistol to shoot to the best of my ability?

I've been shooting the same boring Gen 3 Glocks for 6 years now.

For a second I thought you bought a Walther.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    My take for me is... What makes me so damn special or different that I need some snowflake pistol to shoot to the best of my ability?

I've been shooting the same boring Gen 3 Glocks for 6 years now.
    While six years may seem a lot to you, Taadski has been shooting a P series for like twenty years. Dropping by a P series love fest thread to drop your G19 is humorous, especially since I knew Taadski won a G19 coupon at an Area match and couldn’t bring himself to owning one as he said it made him feel dirty.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For a second I thought you bought a Walther.

While six years may seem a lot to you, Taadski has been shooting a P series for like twenty years. Dropping by a P series love fest thread to drop your G19 is humorous, especially since I knew Taadski won a G19 coupon at an Area match and couldn’t bring himself to owning one as he said it made him feel dirty.
    Good for taadski!

My comment wassn't pro Glock or anti Sig.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 02-21-2019 at 10:35 PM.

That is a badass pic.

User Tag List