12 66.67%
  • Alloy P226

2 11.11%
  • P226 SSE

0 0%
  • P226 X-Five Allround

4 22.22%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Should I buy a new P226 X-Five Allround (or two), or am I dumb?

There is a definite new gun honeymoon. I like to run the Rangemaster Test with a new gun after the fifth session or so.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Well, my wife gave me a blank check to get whatever guns I wanted for Father's day. Little did I know she was about to secretly pull the trigger on a pair of P320 X-Fives, but she backed down at the last minute because she wanted to make sure. Also, she did end up ordering an Acro, but cancelled the order because she didn't know what adapter I would have needed. Honestly, I learned the true meaning of "It's the thought that counts."

Anyway, I've decided to double down on the P229. I ordered the parts needed to convert my late Father's DAK P229 to da/sa, I got a set of Dawson fiber sights coming in, and a Gray Guns enhanced trigger bar kit. I spent the rest of the blank check on a few thousand rounds of ammo.

Now I'll have identical carry and competition guns. One will be my training/match gun and the other will be my carry gun.

Should be fun. Thanks for the input from you all. Let's see how long this mindset will last before I want those P226 All-rounds again....
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

P226 LDC Added to USPSA Production List

So, in order to give myself the most options, I petitioned to have the P226 LDC added to the production gun list, and in turn, carry optics eligible. They added it, woo hoo! In anticipation I've designed a milling solution to low mount an SRO. I'll try it first on my P229.
    Name:  IMG_20200109_090955.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  72.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200109_090939.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  24.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200109_091002.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  25.6 KB
    https://uspsa.org/productionlist
    Name:  prod.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  56.6 KB
    Last edited by tyrusasmith; 01-09-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

User Tag List