12 66.67%
  • Alloy P226

2 11.11%
  • P226 SSE

0 0%
  • P226 X-Five Allround

4 22.22%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a new P226 X-Five Allround (or two), or am I dumb?

LOL. So your saying it’s a bad thing I own 3 times more gadgets than I do Glocks?

I actually still own that Glock, but I loaned it to a buddy who needed a carry pistol and haven’t seen it in 3 years or something. Fwiw, I still shoot Glocks out of the box about as well as anything else I own. For whatever reason. If I didn’t work for a one gun agency, I’d seriously consider a full sized 9mm iteration as a duty/carry pistol.

Ok... back to the snowflakes!

Btw, I voted for “You’re stupid. Keep shooting the 229”. 😁
    Last edited by taadski; 02-21-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    LOL. So your saying it’s a bad thing I own 3 times more gadgets than I do Glocks? [emoji14]

I actually still own that Glock, but I loaned it to a buddy who needed a carry pistol and haven’t seen it in 3 years or something. Fwiw, I still shoot Glocks out of the box about as well as anything else I own. For whatever reason. If I didn’t work for a one gun agency, I’d seriously consider a full sized 9mm iteration as a duty/carry pistol.

Ok... back to the snowflakes!

Btw, I voted for “You’re stupid. Keep shooting the 229”. [emoji16]
    Well, I might shoot the P229 until I can't bubba it up anymore.

My next plan is to do some Gucci laser marking all over it. I think I might make a random repeat camo pattern of the cattle brands I have. I have the ranch, my initials, and my kids names in a modern logoish design.

Then I'll 3d print some grips and a flared magwell that will unbubba the bulge.

I might try my hand at a Keeper type holster to fit the P229 and a WML.

By that time, the ACRO will be vetted and I might direct mill one onto the top. ( I really want to shoot irons as long as possible)

Sadly enough, how stupid would it be for me to bubba up the X-Five as soon as I get it? Is that sacrilege? I don't think I'd be able to resist.
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

Site Supporter
    I apologize for the thread drift, but did I correctly understand the OP to say that hitting the decocker on P-series Sigs can cause light strikes? I only ask because I can't shoot a whole mag through my P226 Navy without multiple light strikes. I bought the pistol used. It's obviously a low round count gun, and my understanding at the time of purchase was that everything was stock. I found out I don't like P226s very much, so I haven't put much effort into getting the pistol to run properly. I'm sure I'd like it more with an E2 grip...

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I apologize for the thread drift, but did I correctly understand the OP to say that hitting the decocker on P-series Sigs can cause light strikes? I only ask because I can't shoot a whole mag through my P226 Navy without multiple light strikes. I bought the pistol used. It's obviously a low round count gun, and my understanding at the time of purchase was that everything was stock. I found out I don't like P226s very much, so I haven't put much effort into getting the pistol to run properly. I'm sure I'd like it more with an E2 grip...
    Yes, only a little push and it will do it.

(Unload gun before testing)
    You can test it by pulling the trigger and holding it to the rear. Then push your thumb on the hammer into the firing pin. With your other hand, operate the decocker until you feel it push on the hammer.

If you ride the decocker, you prevent the hammer from hitting the firing pin with full force or at all. The image attached shows how little mine needs to move before blocking the hammer, and the other image shows the test technique.
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Good for taadski!

My comment wassn't pro Glock or anti Sig.
    You do know that your original post goes to the person you quoted as an email. Now I understand why you edited it, since you apparently got your finger on the trigger a bit early.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrusasmith View Post
    Yes, only a little push and it will do it.

(Unload gun before testing)
    You can test it by pulling the trigger and holding it to the rear. Then push your thumb on the hammer into the firing pin. With your other hand, operate the decocker until you feel it push on the hammer.

If you ride the decocker, you prevent the hammer from hitting the firing pin with full force or at all. The image attached shows how little mine needs to move before blocking the hammer, and the other image shows the test technique.
    Thanks so much for that excellent explanation. It's a huge help. Now, I'm almost certain that my grip was causing the problems. I'll have to take this gun back to the range and pay closer attention to my grip.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Thanks so much for that excellent explanation. It's a huge help. Now, I'm almost certain that my grip was causing the problems. I'll have to take this gun back to the range and pay closer attention to my grip.
    You could always cut the decocker down, and put a crap ton of JB Weld on it, then paint it black with a sharpie.

Or

Just be a normal person and adjust your grip.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....2X-series-guns

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You do know that your original post goes to the person you quoted as an email. Now I understand why you edited it, since you apparently got your finger on the trigger a bit early.
    My post had nothing to do about a Sig love fest or how dirty Glocks make taadski feel. It was not about how many years taadski has been shooting Sigs. It had nothing to do with taadski at all. It was not pro or anti any brand of firearm. I know you're a smart guy so I'm not sure why you went in that direction.

I don't care if you saw my original post about your Sig circle jerk. I changed my response to exercise more decorum on Tom's website.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrusasmith View Post
    You could always cut the decocker down, and put a crap ton of JB Weld on it, then paint it black with a sharpie.

Or

Just be a normal person and adjust your grip.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....2X-series-guns
    That's wild! I'm looking forward to seeing the 3D printed grips. For right now, I think I'll go with option B and just try to adjust my grip. If I can manage to shoot a full mag through the gun without a light strike, I'm sure I'll like it more and get a little bit of positive reinforcement out of shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    My post had nothing to do...with how dirty Glocks make taadski feel. It was not about how many years taadski has been shooting Sigs. It had nothing to do with taadski at all.

User Tag List