Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion of Non-Criminal Households and Marginalized Populations

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The fact someone tried to kill you being the key part of that.

Having had a few people try to kill me over the past two decades I really didnt care what their motivation was or what they were shouting.

Bad things happen to people all the time, the color of their skin or who they choose to love are irrelevant. Isn't the whole idea of America and the whole point of various right campaigns to become "just people" instead of (insert sub-group here) ?

You're enhancing the very thing you claim to oppose.
    how nice for you, that you don't care what people who tried to kill you were thinking or why, and that you believe that the who people choose to love is irrelevant....when it took a supreme court case to get marriage equality and even now there are attempts nationwide to roll back marriage equality, and when people are in actual fact singled out for being different all the time.

How cute if you've never had a boss vote for a state amendment banning SSM and admit he had no secular basis for it - mind you, my boss was a lawyer as well and we went to the same law school. How nice if you've never been followed or harassed or threatened for holding your spouse's hand in public. Etc.

How special that you literally want to tell someone who has been singled out for being LGBT and attacked because of it that her being LGBT is "irrelevant." That's pretty astounding.

I'm not a LEO or a soldier. If you think my holding hands with my spouse is "asking for it," then we've nothing to discuss. I'd love to be just one couple among others, one woman among others, but my lived experience teaches me things yours doesn't seem to have taught you. My clients have taught me much as well.

The reason i spoke up in the thread is, i have items to defend my home despite our being law abiding people because people like us get singled out for violence. Simple as. Take it or leave it, i dgaf.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    as an attorney
    You found my one bias.

Treated the same under law works for me.
    Works for me too. All of us count or none of us count. But that doesnt work if one self selects as marginalized. The solution to marginalization is actual inclusion and mainstreaming. E Pluribis Unum ???

Banned
    You found my one bias.

Works for me too. All of us count or none of us count. But that doesnt work if one self selects as marginalized. The solution to marginalization is actual inclusion and mainstreaming. E Pluribis Unum ???
    it is not a matter of self selection; and furthermore, if one identifies as say catholic, or baptist, or hindu, one isn't saying one isn't also part of a greater whole. If one is attacked for being Jewish, it is not a matter of somehow bringing it on oneself. Why is this controversial or hard to see?

And I was a legal aid attorney. So big money it was not. Lots of cases with slumlords, fraudulent mortgages, unemployment compensation, etc. if that troubles you, so be it.

Site Supporter
    how nice for you, that you don't care what people who tried to kill you were thinking or why, and that you believe that the who people choose to love is irrelevant....when it took a supreme court case to get marriage equality and even now there are attempts nationwide to roll back marriage equality, and when people are in actual fact singled out for being different all the time.

How cute if you've never had a boss vote for a state amendment banning SSM and admit he had no secular basis for it - mind you, my boss was a lawyer as well and we went to the same law school. How nice if you've never been followed or harassed or threatened for holding your spouse's hand in public. Etc.

How special that you literally want to tell someone who has been singled out for being LGBT and attacked because of it that her being LGBT is "irrelevant." That's pretty astounding.

I'm not a LEO or a soldier. If you think my holding hands with my spouse is "asking for it," then we've nothing to discuss. I'd love to be just one couple among others, one woman among others, but my lived experience teaches me things yours doesn't seem to have taught you. My clients have taught me much as well.

The reason i spoke up in the thread is, i have items to defend my home despite our being law abiding people because people like us get singled out for violence. Simple as. Take it or leave it, i dgaf.
    Maybe you need to check yourself and your self rightous assumptions about not only myself but other members of this board. You dont know a damn thing about my experinces or what they have taught me.

My late, first wife and I were of different races and I am aware that there was a time in the U.S. when it would have been illegal for us to marry. I also once dumped a soda on someone who made racial slurs against her in a restuarant (he refused to fight). The point of that is if you mess with my family I will fight you, it doesn't matter how you mess with them, what matters is there are no victims, only volunteers.

We have a pretty broad member base, it includes many of your so called "marginalized populations." Guess what ? No body cares. We care about whether they love old revolvers, their FAST time, their 25 yard B-8 score. For all your barking, its you are predjudiced and presumptive.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Serious question: How many people not involved in/with illicit or nefarious activities/associates stand more than a 1 in a 100-million chance of having their front door kicked-in in the middle of the night by a violent assailant who races immediately to the bedroom to wreak havoc upon them as they sleep?
    In my area, the odds are pretty slim. That said, there was a home invasion a mile from my house that revolved around a bunch of hoods driving by and seeing a college age guy washing his sporty new honda; hoodrats figured they might as well help themselves to the car while they were there. The roommate had a Beretta 92 close at hand, so things panned out ok. For the car/homeowners, I mean.

The neighborhood surrounding the highest profile university in my city is sketch; it is not unusual at all for DBs to break into occupied apartments looking for cool electronics, bikes, or a college age rape victim.

I suppose being a college student increases risk of home invasion, based on *many* examples over the years that I’ve been watching.

But, generally, stay away from drugs and gangs, and you’ll be ok. Until the random time that you or someone like you isn’t.

JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Banned
    Maybe you need to check yourself and your self rightous assumptions about not only myself but other members of this board. You dont know a damn thing about my experinces or what they have taught me.

My late, first wife and I were of different races and I am aware that there was a time in the U.S. when it would have been illegal for us to marry. I also once dumped a soda on someone who made racial slurs against her in a restuarant (he refused to fight). The point of that is if you mess with my family I will fight you, it doesn't matter how you mess with them, what matters is there are no victims, only volunteers.

We have a pretty broad member base, it includes many of your so called "marginalized populations." Guess what ? No body cares. We care about whether they love old revolvers, their FAST time, their 25 yard B-8 score. For all your barking, its you are predjudiced and presumptive.
    Laughs. And for all your talk of e pluribus unum you dare to tell someone who’s been attacked because she’s different that her difference is irrelevant. We agree on this. I’ll protect me and mine, as you protect you and yours. That might involve the legal system, a vote, or in certain conditions and if certain legal requisites obtain, lethal force. Let’s leave it at that.

The notion that there are no victims, only volunteers is fascinating. Every rape victim was a volunteer, just to pick one example? Your late wife volunteered to be slurred in a restaurant ?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I reported the posts also. I also like @Rich_Jenkins set up nd am a big fan of how his gear has developed.
    Right and just to be clear I fully support @Rapid Butterfly's right to voice their opinion. We just have a general discussion for that purpose and we have in the past visited upon those types of issues and can again in the future or right now. I can't speak for Robinson or BT91 here, but I just want to clarify that I don't want these posts removed entirely (merely moved) nor do I feel that are inappropriate for a GD thread, just inappropriate for this technical thread.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 02-19-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Right and just to be clear I fully support @Rapid Butterfly's right to voice their opinion. We just have a general discussion for that purpose and we have in the past visited upon those types of issues and can again in the future or right now. I can't speak for Robinson or BT91 here, but I just want to clarify that I don't want these posts removed nor do I feel that are inappropriate for a GD thread, just inappropriate for this technical thread.
    Agreed. I would say the snarkiness can be taken down a bit on someones side but other than that the conversation should happen.

Reminds me of being in college again.. trying to explain how amazing we have it in the united states.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Serious question: How many people not involved in/with illicit or nefarious activities/associates stand more than a 1 in a 100-million chance of having their front door kicked-in in the middle of the night by a violent assailant who races immediately to the bedroom to wreak havoc upon them as they sleep?
    This may interest you...

Robberies targeting Asians in south Sacramento are spiking again, police say
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article181783141.html
    Robberies, carjackings and home invasions with Asian Americans as victims are up 25 percent year-to-date in District 5, home to the Meadowview and Parkway neighborhoods, and 8 percent in District 4 (Fruitridge Manor, the Pocket). They’re down 40 percent in District 6 south of Highway 50 and east of Stockton Boulevard (Elmhurst and Tahoe Park) after a 25 percent rise in violent crime from 2015 to 2016, according to Sacramento police spokesman Eddie Macaulay.

Members of the Asian-American community in south Sacramento periodically have raised alarms over the past year about a sharp surge in armed robberies in the area. In September 2016, community activists delivered a plea for help to the Sacramento City Council that was signed by 2,000 people.

The community later formed its own armed patrols organized through WeChat, a popular messaging app created in China. In April, members of the newly created Asian American Public Service Center said they planned to ask National Rifle Association representatives for proper firearm use training, a tactic denounced by police.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ar...#storylink=cpy

https://www.kcra.com/article/6-thing...mento/13138986

6 things to know about armed robberies in south Sacramento

During the meeting, police revealed several new details about the investigations. Here are 6 highlights from the debrief:

Many victims were robbed in front of their homes between late afternoon and early morning, police said. The robbers were armed and stole personal property like wallets and purses.
    More than 50 suspects have been taken into custody since 2016.
    Suspects told police that the robberies were not racially motivated, and they targeted the community because, "Asian people have money."
    Police said the victims typically carried large sums of cash, were mostly elderly Asians, had a language barrier and were reluctant to cooperate with law enforcement.
    The robbers often had ties to gangs, were young men, worked in groups, were armed with handguns and had a getaway vehicle nearby, police said.
    Police increased patrols in the area, created special units and worked with nearby law enforcement in response to the armed robberies.
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 02-20-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I don't know about racing in to wreak havoc, but we had a late-night home invasion. It was when we lived in a marginal neighborhood in Berkeley. Fortunately I did not need to shoot the intruder to make him stop and leave.

As well, there are plenty of cases where the assailant is a rapist, and the victim is not involved in anything bad.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List