Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion of Non-Criminal Households and Marginalized Populations

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Split a bunch of stuff from the What's by your bed thread.

ETA: For people that would rather not even see threads such as this, please use the Ignore This Thread (or sub-forum) feature.
    Will do. Thank you. I will do a better job of remaining silent. I appreciate this forum generally and have gratefully learned good weapons related info even from people I’ve clashed with here. I know I will continue to do so.

Site Supporter
    To the point, I've had the late night, help me female ploy run on me when I was single and living alone. I refuse to open the door and heard the female say to someone - He won't open the door.

Should have called the law but that was before my current awareness. I had the smarts not to open but just went back to bed. Wasn't the classiest apartment complex at the time.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 02-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    We live in a pretty nice suburban neighborhood. A few years back there was a home invasion at the house right behind ours, down a hill. Shots were fired by the homeowner, but I've met him and am just glad he didn't hit anyone in my house. Anyway, a Police chopper was overhead within a few short minutes with a searchlight. They caught the person(s) responsible and it turns out they had been involved in several similar break-ins in the area.

This happened at night, and my wife heard breaking glass. She woke me up and I immediately armed myself. A couple other family members lived with us back then, and as I went about to check on everyone I saw what the commotion was all about as I peered out our back bay window. My wife was looking the same way from the windows in our bedroom on the top floor where she was also armed (with her pistol and phone).

This stuff can happen anywhere. I was glad to find out just how quickly I became wide awake when my wife woke me. I was amazed at how fast the police response was. I mean it was really fast. Still not fast enough to have made a difference had their been a real shoot-out.

I realize the intent of this thread is to avoid “targeted” home invasions for drugs and whatnot, but we should remember that bad guys mix up addresses too. The smart crooks put stash houses and cash spots where one would least expect it...like the nice neighborhoods.

Consider too, unless you’re the first occupant or it’s owned by your family for a very long time, there may be something valuable stashed within your residence that you don’t know of-but a recently released convict does. 100% of home invasions happen at home, and the reasons are legion.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I’m American Indian (BIA mistakenly said we were extinct)and Filipino, my wife is Puerto Rican and white. Are we considered marginalized? Can we get a Victim Card as well?

Anyways, the article above targeting the Asian community in South Sacramento was extremely underreported. Some friends of mine added me to their private FB page where they shared videos, pictures and other information absolutely blew my mind. Many targeted were not involved with illegal activity, they were targeted because of the stereotype of Asians carrying cash and not cooperating with law enforcement.

You don’t have to be into bad shit for bad shit to find opportunities into your life.

I know a guy......

Granted the armed invader aspect is a small one. But it’s still an aspect.

Plan accordingly.

I live in a very affluent and safe place. The worst crime here in the entire last decade was likely drunk driving... except the home invasion of my immigrant neighbor, who was known to prefer cash, and who was pistol-whipped until he was unconscious.

Site Supporter
    Many of the “home invasions” in my city involving people who are not involved in the criminal lifestyle are daytime “meeting engagements” where a burglar breaks into a home thinking no one is home and runs into a retiree or sleeping nightshift worker. Many burglars will knock / ring the bell to see if anyone is home. If someone answers the door, they claim to be soliciting. If not they break in. This is why I encourage people to answer (though not open) unexpected callers at the door.

This just happened. I am pretty sure this 79 year old woman was not a criminal or engaged in criminal activity...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ring-911-call/

Pretty sure if she wasn't armed bad things would have happened to her.
    Last edited by eb07; 02-20-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    This just happened. I am pretty sure this 79 year old woman was not a criminal or engaged in criminal activity...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ring-911-call/

Pretty sure if she wasn't armed bad things would have happened to her.
    The 911 call picked up the woman yelling upstairs to the intruder, “I waiting for you. If you come down those stairs I’m going to blow your damn brains out.”

The woman fires another shot and yells, “Come on, punk, come on down these stairs.”

The 911 dispatcher asked, “Ma’am, are you shooting at him again?”

Jackson County Sheriff’s deputies arrived and arrested 20-year-old Hans E. Rogers. He was charged with burglary and home invasion.
    Another few seconds and his siblings would have been heard to lament: "Look Ma, no Hans!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List