Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Home Invasion of Non-Criminal Households and Marginalized Populations

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Blues, I admit that in this instance we are both making weak jokes. I confess.
    Oh, I wasn't joking about Thomas Paine...regardless of how weak my other material may be.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    You cannot movie into NY with handguns. You have to apply for a license, permit first and then if you left your guns elsewhere have them transferred through a FFL. Or you can send them to an FFL for storage and then retrieve them (if you are allowed). You will spend a significant amount of time doing this.
    It's much harder than that. To get a handgun permit any place in NY, you are required to provide 3 letters of recommendation from people who have known you for at least 1-2 years who are not relatives. This is impossible for newcomers since you probably don't know anyone well enough. Even once you have lived there a while, it may not be easy to find several people willing to do this. Personally I think this is unreasonable. Because of the nature of our society, you may not have three people who have known you at least 1-2 years who are willing to sign a notorized statement. If you have just moved there you are SOL, because I don't think they can be people from out of state. This is something that should be challenged in court.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I only have four. Mostly I use a Pilot with a medium nib. I found out the hard way that the cheaper quality legal pads are not compatible with fountain pen nibs.
    I’ve found this is very dependent on the nib and ink used. A .5 to .7mm cursive italic with an ink like rohrer and klingner salix or scabiosa will work well even on very cheap paper, or has for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    It's much harder than that. To get a handgun permit any place in NY, you are required to provide 3 letters of recommendation from people who have known you for at least 1-2 years who are not relatives. This is impossible for newcomers since you probably don't know anyone well enough. Even once you have lived there a while, it may not be easy to find several people willing to do this. Personally I think this is unreasonable. Because of the nature of our society, you may not have three people who have known you at least 1-2 years who are willing to sign a notarized statement. If you have just moved there you are SOL, because I don't think they can be people from out of state. This is something that should be challenged in court.

SO glad I fled NYC going on 32 years ago. A short visit with family and friends is about all I can handle anymore.

Thankfully, LEOSA allows carry there, albeit limited to 10 rounds for LEO's who did not retire while working in NY for a federal, state or local agency. (So even if you worked there for part of your career, as I did, and your former outfit has offices there, if you retired outside the state you are limited to 10 round magazines.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I thought it was my ability to open jar lids. Wait, that's probably why my wife likes me.
    Men - occasionally useful, difficult to store when not in use.

When my wife periodically summons me to perform some minor task that she is ill-suited for, I delight in saying things like: “Oh, you have a MAN task for me?” or “It’s good to be a MAN!”.

There is occasionally a price to pay for acting the ass but I can’t help myself.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    SO glad I fled NYC going on 32 years ago. A short visit with family and friends is about all I can handle anymore.

Thankfully, LEOSA allows carry there, albeit limited to 10 rounds for LEO's who did not retire while working in NY for a federal, state or local agency. (So even if you worked there for part of your career, as I did, and your former outfit has offices there, if you retired outside the state you are limited to 10 round magazines.)
    I briefly go to such places when required to for buisiness, swiftly exit and hope never to have to return.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Men - occasionally useful, difficult to store when not in use.

When my wife periodically summons me to perform some minor task that she is ill-suited for, I delight in saying things like: “Oh, you have a MAN task for me?” or “It’s good to be a MAN!”.

There is occasionally a price to pay for acting the ass but I can’t help myself.
    I only say things like that after the task has been completed.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    The best writing quill comes from the left wing of the Tibetan bearded vulture, Gypaetus barbatus.
    Us Colonials have to make do with goose feathers, swan if we are extravagant.
    I recall Hornblower struggling with a right wing quill because it was cheaper.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List