Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Hopkins collection at Woodlawn Boys

John Hopkins collection at Woodlawn Boys

When these guys buy estate guns, they don’t mess around, and only buy great stuff. They will typically run two or three rounds of auctions to finish selling the collection. Figured you guys might appreciate what’s being sold, no reserve

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...ellers=2112108

From the website:

Woodlawn Boys is excited to offer the amazing 40-year collection of Dr. John C. Hopkins, PhD, a nuclear physicist and long-time S&WCA and S&WHF member. John was a career employee of the Los Alamos National Laboratory and served for many years as the Associate Director responsible for the nuclear weapons program at the Labs and over the decades was heavily involved in national security policy issues. He has served on numerous governmental and international boards and panels and is a former member of the Chief of Naval Operations Executive Panel as well as a technical advisor to the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency in Washington DC and Geneva Switzerland. John has worked closely with the U. S. State, Energy, and Defense Departments and has participated in numerous special programs for the U.S. Government in his over 50 years of service to our nation. Many wonderful, rare and special S&W's are to come from this awesome collection over the next several months - be sure to watch our auctions every week for the best of the best from the John Hopkins Collection!!
    Last edited by theJanitor; 02-20-2019 at 01:24 AM.

My Gawd!! So much to choose from. Might want to send out the @Dagga Boy signal.
    That pencil barrel Mod 10!!
    Last edited by wvincent; 02-20-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Mother of God...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

My jaw just hit the ground....

Site Supporter
    That is a nice collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Jesus if I wasn't poor...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you need me for anything until this auction is over....I'll be in my bunk.

David (the Woodlawn boys) is a retired Jefferson County (Birmingham) deputy. His shop is not open to the public, but it is near my gun club and I have been invited to come visit many times. If you love the classics, what he has in process at any given point in time would take your breath away. Some things are staged with them that will not go active on Gunbroker for another 30-90 days, and for somebody like me a visit causes a weeks worth of "gun dreams" getting to see and handle that stuff. They do a great job preparing these deals for auction and certainly get the collector community's attention.

While this one is spectacular, there are some awesome ones in his pipeline that we won't see until summer.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    David (the Woodlawn boys) is a retired Jefferson County (Birmingham) deputy. His shop is not open to the public, but it is near my gun club and I have been invited to come visit many times. If you love the classics, what he has in process at any given point in time would take your breath away. Some things are staged with them that will not go active on Gunbroker for another 30-90 days, and for somebody like me a visit causes a weeks worth of "gun dreams" getting to see and handle that stuff. They do a great job preparing these deals for auction and certainly get the collector community's attention.

While this one is spectacular, there are some awesome ones in his pipeline that we won't see until summer.
    I found them a few years ago, when chasing down a Pachmayr Combat Special. They had three custom 1911's from an estate, the PCS, a "PCS" from the 45 Shop, and something else which is slipping my mind. They are a seller on GB, that I always try to keep up with

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I want all of them

User Tag List