Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Hopkins collection at Woodlawn Boys

CWM11B
    That 4" 25-5 is making me twitch...

Whew, I need a cold shower!

Sexy as they are, I’ll leave em to the collectors.

I have been wanting a 3" CS-1 for a long time.

Hmmmmmm....

That APPD nickel M27...not only a wonderful specimen, but Aransas Pass is in my county. Naturally, my wallet is far too battered and bruised to do anything beyond dream.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    That APPD nickel M27...not only a wonderful specimen, but Aransas Pass is in my county. Naturally, my wallet is far too battered and bruised to do anything beyond dream.
    You only live once and beans and ramen are cheap.

-

I like me some of them guns, but there seems to be something wrong with most of them. They have some sort of rectangular storage devices with them?

Trouble is, I can only afford to buy maybe one of those this year and it ain’t gonna come with a box, because I don’t care about boxes or packaging, just shooting. More importantly, with so many to come, how will I know which one is the right one to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    That 4" 25-5 is making me twitch...
    That's one of two I tagged!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have been wanting a 3" CS-1 for a long time.

Hmmmmmm....
    That's the second one HA!

We all have good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    That's the second one HA!

We all have good taste.
    I have a 4" 686 that I really love. But a 3" would be the bee's knees.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    David (the Woodlawn boys) is a retired Jefferson County (Birmingham) deputy. His shop is not open to the public, but it is near my gun club and I have been invited to come visit many times. If you love the classics, what he has in process at any given point in time would take your breath away. Some things are staged with them that will not go active on Gunbroker for another 30-90 days, and for somebody like me a visit causes a weeks worth of "gun dreams" getting to see and handle that stuff. They do a great job preparing these deals for auction and certainly get the collector community's attention.

While this one is spectacular, there are some awesome ones in his pipeline that we won't see until summer.
    If I emailed or called them - would they tell me if one of a few specific models might be coming up at some point?

I realized I have a short list that’d I’d bid on, but you know, I want to know of they are potentially even in the lots to come.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If I emailed or called them - would they tell me if one of a few specific models might be coming up at some point?

I realized I have a short list that’d I’d bid on, but you know, I want to know of they are potentially even in the lots to come.
    perhaps, I think they know what they have planned for a couple of weeks out and stuff that is coming in

User Tag List