Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Knives for ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    LaGriffe, neck carry.
    I have a few from Fred Perrin...the originator of La Griffe.

This one he took off his neck in Paris and handed to me. He calls it a "Tribal Griffe" and it is unusual in that it is a forged "v" edge unlike most of his others.
    It was his personal carry.

Name:  perrin tribal griffe.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  32.3 KB
    Last edited by blues; 02-22-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I like the various angle aligners a lot....
    I am attempting to learn how to sharpen with a stone and I am thinking about trying a set of angle aligners. Would you be willing to share what some of the better options are?

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I am attempting to learn how to sharpen with a stone and I am thinking about trying a set of angle aligners. Would you be willing to share what some of the better options are?
    I use a DMT Aligner - https://www.amazon.com/DMT-ABG-Align.../dp/B00004WFUR

But these might prove useful as well - https://www.amazon.com/Wedgek-Angle-...APFEFYFPP&th=1

Thanks! I think I’ll give the DMT Aligner a try, it looks like it would work well.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Thanks for the advice here. After a great deal of back and forth and thinking, referring back here often, I decided on the non Emerson, plain edge Delica for us both...our jean / denim skirt pockets aren’t great for a knife. I couldn’t find a pink handle for mine, but purple ain’t bad. She wanted hers in black.

It's a bit of a digression, but from time to time I think about picking up some discounted Wharncliffe Delicas and Plain-Edged Matriarchs, and relieving the engagement surface at the aft of the blade to a new angle of engagement, so that the tips are more in-line with the run of the handle; they'd be a bit more apt for FGEI\RGEI that way. While the Spyderco P'kal is still my go-to stash knife, and I've bought a modest number of them over the years; Delicas and Matriarchs are a little easier to source in the volumes required to outfit the others in my life with such a need.

ETA: Spydercos have done well in general for me, being carried open in sheaths, and are reasonably comfortable clipped AIWB though the extra blade material for the Spyderhole can occasionally be borderline; but oof Emersons are very thick and angular to wear in the same manner.
    Last edited by runcible; 02-26-2019 at 05:43 AM.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    and relieving the engagement surface at the aft of the blade to a new angle of engagement, so that the tips are more in-line with the run of the handle
    I don't think that would work, unless you also do some welding. There are two engagement surfaces on the blade - essentially a notch that the lock fits in. You could relieve the one surface, but you'd need to add material onto the other.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Guys - the Kahr Delica is the way to go if you want a wharncliffe-esque blade - https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/det...ca-4-Khaki/941

I have one in my pocket right now, here are pics in hand in effectively all four grips.

Name:  IMG_3949.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  31.4 KBName:  IMG_3950.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  29.5 KBName:  IMG_3952.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  34.8 KBName:  IMG_3953.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  35.2 KB

Guys - the Kahr Delica is the way to go if you want a wharncliffe-esque blade - https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/det...ca-4-Khaki/941
    I like that a whole lot, must have one. Been meaning to go back to a Delica myself (current edc is a Salt Endura) and that Kahr looks perfect for the role.

I'm joining some friends at Blade Show this year, mebbe I can get a pic of Michael Janich presenting it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I like that a whole lot, must have one. Been meaning to go back to a Delica myself (current edc is a Salt Endura) and that Kahr looks perfect for the role.

I'm joining some friends at Blade Show this year, mebbe I can get a pic of Michael Janich presenting it to me.
    I missed the last 2 blade shows. Gonna get there or bust this year!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List