Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting & possibly offensive Playboy interview w/ John Wayne

Interesting & possibly offensive Playboy interview w/ John Wayne

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Not offensive to me. He called it right, right down to the present day. And fuck Playboy. Just as much a part of the fifth column as everyone else in the MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Not offensive to me. He called it right, right down to the present day. And fuck Playboy. Just as much a part of the fifth column as everyone else in the MSM.
    He absolutely nailed the indoctrination in our educational institutions, didn't he?
    #RESIST

He lost me with the homophobia.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I wasn't offended, but I yearn for the halcyon days when Communists knew their place. At the bottom of the shit pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm not digging that, but I'd say you have to remember when he was born and what year the interview was done.
    #RESIST

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This is where I can honestly say he was a product of his generation. I certainly doubt he'd say the same thing if he was born in 1980.

My grandpa is 84 years old. My other grandpa was 88 when he passed. Both are/were good dudes by most anyone's standards. Either would give you the shirt off their back. Did they have outdated opinions...well, probably, and "probably" means yes.

Site Supporter
    Such has to be read with a view of society's world view at that time. Many who would not have publicly made these comments, though, would have agreed with them. When the interview was conducted, medical thought was that homosexuality was deviant behavior. John Wayne then, as do rich and famous today, could afford to surround himself with other people who would tell him what he wanted to hear. I like to tell people that during WW2, Korea, and Vietnam John Wayne was shooting blanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    This is where I can honestly say he was a product of his generation. I certainly doubt he'd say the same thing if he was born in 1980.
    If he was born in 1980 he wouldn't be John Wayne. He was in totality a product of his times.

Relevant

https://babylonbee.com/news/activist...ollywood-again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List