Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock front sight tool fill?

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    After stripping out one of the aluminum front sight tools that Dawson gives you, I decided to pony up and buy one of these Wiha things:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Of course, the socket is way deeper than you need for a Glock front sight screw. What are y'all using to fill these up with and how do you get just the right amount of stuff (expoxy or whatever) without going over?

Thanks!
    I made one from one of these. I find over time that the handle is a bit narrow. Take a front sight screw and epoxy it inside (upside down). When dried file down the sight to reduce the depth and remove the interior bevel. Good for light use. I magnetized it when I was done.

The Glock front sight tool is for light use only. If you install a lot of steel sights you will eventually break it.

PensFan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Oooooo I just One Clicked that one.
    Holy crap I have one of those and had no idea it had a built in jig to hold the striker assembly to swap striker springs. How cool is that.

Am I the only one that just flips the firing pin upside down in the striker channel on the slide to replace springs/cups?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Holy crap I have one of those and had no idea it had a built in jig to hold the striker assembly to swap striker springs. How cool is that.

The striker channel itself can be used when the assembly is placed in backwards.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    Am I the only one that just flips the firing pin upside down in the striker channel on the slide to replace springs/cups?
    That's brilliant..

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    OMG! Mind blown! Thank you!

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    The striker channel itself can be used when the assembly is placed in backwards.
    [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50]Always learning.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    After stripping out one of the aluminum front sight tools that Dawson gives you, I decided to pony up and buy one of these Wiha things:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Of course, the socket is way deeper than you need for a Glock front sight screw. What are y'all using to fill these up with and how do you get just the right amount of stuff (expoxy or whatever) without going over?

Thanks!
    I ordered one a few years ago. I cut up a refrigerator magnet to fill in the excess space.

User Tag List