Thread: Longer holster for longer dudes

Longer holster for longer dudes

I don't read much about this holster, but I'm finding the Bawidamann Gotham x300 holster (v2) seems to defy the laws of physics on me. It’s a big piece of kydex, and super long (fits Glock with comp plus x300) but is more comfortable and prints less on me than my JMCK G17 holsters no-light holsters with big wedges. I've retrofitted it it with two Raven metal clips that disappear on the belt.

Figuring it must be the length that is making the difference. The Eidolon should approximate the Gotham minus x300 (same angles, same wedge/claw), but Eidolon is not as long and as a result(?) doesn’t conceal as well on me (more likely to roll out). Hey I’m a long dude (6'4", 220), maybe I should be using a longer holster.

The other notable difference with the Gotham (other than it's bent in the opposite direction from most kydex holsters) is that the front clip rides on an angled surface at the front of the holster (massive “front sight channel”), and the second one in the middle of the holster. The JMCKs ( and all the other holsters I can think of) either spread the clips out or put them both in the middle, or towards the rear.

Or maybe I just need to keep running an X300 all the time, and loving the Gotham. It just seems logical that when I don’t anticipate needing a light there should be an even less-bulky option.

My brother runs the Gotham and loves it. He also uses the Rigel with great success. I’m finding that I prefer the phlster spotlight to other non-light holsters

A Longer Holster is Better for AIWB in most all cases though there are some exceptions.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Never used that holster. Quick question about it, is their any gaps in the holster by the trigger guard? I looked up some photos and it seems in pictures that it is spacious in this area which is a no go for me. Although it was one picture on their website.

I had a JM WML AIWB for a p30L with a x300u. It was a fabulous holster and the best concealing holster I had ever used. It kinda surprised me at first how well it concealed and also how fast it was. This is not unusual as some find the WML holster actually conceal better. The length is what some can tolerate and some cannot depending on their torso length and build.

Needless to say I have one on order for a Glock now.

I think part of it is the claw is off the light body which helps rotate the grip in and the length and width of the holster make for excellent stabilization. I also personally like running a higher ride height and this can be done without negatively effecting concealment for me.

I used the TLR version of the Gotham with a brig tac for a while.

There is a gap big enough for weird junk to get inside of and hook the trigger

That’s largely negated by DA triggers. But still

Hard angle to get, but here you go. This is a v2 holster which is a bit slimmer than the original.

The gap looks big in the pic due to the angle, but there's zero chance of me getting even my little finger in there.

Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6299.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  61.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Never used that holster. Quick question about it, is their any gaps in the holster by the trigger guard? I looked up some photos and it seems in pictures that it is spacious in this area which is a no go for me. Although it was one picture on their website.

I had a JM WML AIWB for a p30L with a x300u. It was a fabulous holster and the best concealing holster I had ever used. It kinda surprised me at first how well it concealed and also how fast it was. This is not unusual as some find the WML holster actually conceal better. The length is what some can tolerate and some cannot depending on their torso length and build.

Needless to say I have one on order for a Glock now.

I think part of it is the claw is off the light body which helps rotate the grip in and the length and width of the holster make for excellent stabilization. I also personally like running a higher ride height and this can be done without negatively effecting concealment for me.

User Tag List