Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Mexican vacation spots

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Is that the place so very popular with gringo retiree expats, who stay there most of the time, returning to the USA every six months, to maintain “tourist” status?
    Si Rex, dat be it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Si Rex, dat be it.
    Gracias!

I’d rather go to Cartagena or Medellin.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Just got back from 7 days in Mexico City. As always, a great time.

This trip was rather interesting . Talked to an off duty D.F. cop who said they can’t carry off duty and their legal limitations on use of force are more restrictive than in the US.

Went to an American style football game with my future father in law. The crowds get into as much as they do here. It was wild.

Went to see Popocatépetl. The volcano is almost 18k ft high, and the park HQ is about 12k feet. It didn’t take much walking to get me out of breath there.

This thread is giving me a Jimmy Buffet earworm.

For which I would sincerely like to thank you all.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

A friend just got back from a "posh" resort in Puerto V. He got the runs and his backpack got snatched, with his wife's brand new iPhone in it. Let's estimate a value of $800 for having to be on vacation with the shits, $1500 for the iPhone, and maybe $200 for the rest of the stuff in his backpack. Take that $2000 and put it toward a vacation in a non-3rd world location. Problem solved.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    A friend just got back from a "posh" resort in Puerto V. He got the runs and his backpack got snatched, with his wife's brand new iPhone in it. Let's estimate a value of $800 for having to be on vacation with the shits, $1500 for the iPhone, and maybe $200 for the rest of the stuff in his backpack. Take that $2000 and put it toward a vacation in a non-3rd world location. Problem solved.
    Not that you are wrong but I have had more stuff stolen from me in France than I have from any thirdworld country.

Then again, some would say France is headed that way

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Not that you are wrong but I have had more stuff stolen from me in France than I have from any thirdworld country.

Then again, some would say France is headed that way
    Agreed. Paris is intense, and not always in a safe way! But, at least for me, there are good reasons to go there--things to do, see, and eat--that I can't find anywhere else.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    As much as I do enjoy Cancun, all it took was a quick work trip to the Dominican this past weekend to remind me why I prefer the DR. Compare the pictures below to my Cancun pics earlier in the thread.

Name:  2854D1C6-8DE9-4D8B-A86A-784C8B2071F3.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  85.6 KB
    Name:  1331FFF7-77CF-4AAC-B1EC-ABC0215A42EB.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  59.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yep. We’ve been to Mexico many times, but the idea of being surrounded by narco war zones just isn’t relaxing. Probably won’t go there again. I’ll miss the Yucatán and Oaxaca especially.
    Roger that. Too many armed patrols for this gringo. Spent some time down there fishing around La Paz and took a few cruises along the mainland. Last trip down was about 8 years ago. I've ventured across the border for lunch, hair cut and dental work a few times recently but the border towns are tame compared to the interior of Senora and Chihuahua. It's really too bad because I like Mexico. The fishing south of La Paz is muy bueno. Beer ain't half bad either. Mexican cigars are like smoking tree bark. Mexican is soul food for me. I can eat it like a like a starved Villanista.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-06-2019 at 02:37 PM.

User Tag List