Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: Mexican vacation spots

Strongly encourage you to check out the Dept of State Travel warnings for Mexico. About half the states are a Level 4 Do Not Travel and some are considered more dangerous than Iraq and Afghanistan. Even the tourist areas. Acapulco and Guadalhra are considered no-go zones for US Government personnel. Many areas require two vehicle, armored vehicle convoys for travel. Cancun is ok but has seen a significant increase in crime. Couple of weeks ago someone tried to bomb the ferries between Playa Del Carmen and Cancun. Then there was a shooting at a nightclub on Playa. A number of tourists were injured.

Frankly, Mexico is on the bottom of the list of places to go.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    Frankly, Mexico is on the bottom of the list of places to go.
    Same, and I love me some food and senoritas.

Stay frosty OP.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Thanks Keith. I'm on my phone and couldn't look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...ation-paradise

Greg Ellifritz just published an article on traveling in Mexico today that i found interesting.
    You guys both beat me to it.

Didn't we do this a few months ago, or was it another third world shit hole garden spot?

Been on a Mexican cruise that hit Puerto Vallerta, Cabo and Mazatlán, been to Cozumel, and wouldn't mind going back to the Riviera Maya, as there are a lot of Historical/Cultural things to see. Always interesting to see how switched on the local gendarmerie is, do they notice you checking them out, and how do they react. (Mexican Marine in Mazatlán saluted me...)

The locals in Mazatlán were all complaining that crime there had never been all that high, it was just the cruise lines trying to screw the city into lowering port fees. I dunno, but there were sure a lot of Federales and Marinas there.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    Thanks Keith. I'm on my phone and couldn't look it up.
    What kind of phone, they have apps.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    Texas.
    Quiso decir Tejas?

It really depends on where you go and who you go with.

Certain things like that are normal /common sense in Mexico (and other third world countries) like not traveling highways between towns after dark are perplexing to many Americans.
    Last edited by HCM; 02-18-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Same, and I love me some food and senoritas.

Stay frosty OP.
    Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California - I’ve never had trouble finding food or senoritas.

Cozumel was a favorite vacation. Only time Mrs Duelist has been out of the US.
    Last edited by Duelist; 02-18-2019 at 10:25 PM.

My son delivered a church bus to Guatemala driving it from Atlanta Georgia. In Mexico they were stopped 3 times by police wanting a bribe to continue. And then trying to cross the border of Guatemala back into Mexico the border person wanted a bribe to continue.

Later when he was stationed in Arizona they were forbidden from crossing the border.

Its a culture of corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California - I’ve never had trouble finding food or senoritas.

Cozumel was a favorite vacation. Only time Mrs Duelist has been out of the US.
    I'm in WI, I'm starved for good food and international women by default.

We have greasy bar food, fatbodies, and drunkards in abundance and not much else
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List