Thread: New FBI Pistol Qual

New FBI Pistol Qual

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    The new FBI Pistol Qual just released and it's a bit more sporty:

FBI PISTOL QUALIFICATION COURSE
    Revised January 2019

QIT Silhouette 2 points per hit

3 Yards
    Draw and fire 3 rounds strong hand only, switch hands and fire 3 round support hand only, all in 6 seconds

5 Yards
    Draw and fire 3 rounds in 3 seconds
    From the ready, fire 3 rounds in 2 seconds
    From the ready, fire 6 rounds in 4 seconds

7 Yards
    Draw and fire 5 rounds in 5 seconds
    From the ready, fire 4 rounds, conduct an empty gun reload, and fire 4 more rounds all in 8 seconds
    From the ready, fire 5 rounds in 4 seconds

15 Yards
    Draw and fire 3 rounds in 6 seconds
    From the ready, fire 3 rounds in 5 seconds

25 Yards
    Draw and fire 4 rounds from standing, drop to kneeling position and fire 4 more rounds from kneeling, all in 20 seconds

50 rounds 100 points possible 90 or above for instructors

Our own Tom Givens had input with the training cadre at Quantico on this revision.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I gave this a shot today. Trying out some new sights on a G45, so my performance may be off a bit. I fired a 10-shot group at 25yds to confirm zero with the sights (could only score 90/100) and then ran this qual. Nothing over time, so that's good. Several strings WAAAY under time. That said, I shot at a mostly comfortable pace. Once the lower 10/9 ring border got so torn out I could no longer keep track of points down. I did my best up until the 25yd string and counted -10 for the ones that would be way low:

I'm sure most of you can do way better, so let's see it!
    Food Court Apprentice

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I gave this a shot today. Trying out some new sights on a G45, so my performance may be off a bit. I fired a 10-shot group at 25yds to confirm zero with the sights (could only score 90/100) and then ran this qual. Nothing over time, so that's good. Several strings WAAAY under time. That said, I shot at a mostly comfortable pace. Once the lower 10/9 ring border got so torn out I could no longer keep track of points down. I did my best up until the 25yd string and counted -10 for the ones that would be way low:

I'm sure most of you can do way better, so let's see it!
    The new pistol qual Wayne posted replaced the 60 round course adopted a few years ago. It is shot on the FBI Q target which is a full size silhouette that looks like a milk bottle.

The new 50round course is a little easier than the the prior 60 round course.

The B8ish target you are using is for the bullseye course for firearms instructors.

Ok https://chiefweems.files.wordpress.c...eye-course.pdf
    Last edited by HCM; 02-18-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The new pistol qual Wayne posted replaced the 60 round course adopted a few years ago. It is shot on the FBI Q target which is a full size silhouette that looks like a milk bottle.

The B8ish target you are using is for the bullseye course for firearms instructors.
    I know, was trying to push (I shot a 296 on the FBI bullseye course last week )

Wayne mentioned running this qual on a B8 in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Run it on a B-8 center or the 8" circle of the IDPA. Takes out the slop shots and such. This one does move along quickly.
    Last edited by ASH556; 02-18-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice

I heard Comey shot 100 on this, when it was in development. We know this because he wrote a contemporaneous memo to file attesting to it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The qualification this replaces had all strings starting from the holster - lots of ready starts here.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'll have to give this a try. I am delighted to read that Tom had a chance to give input. And more importantly, that the FBI incorporated that input.

Ran this tonight, 50/50 and 45/50. No QITs on hand, but I had humanoids with a smaller scoring area. Pretty sporty for most, but the larger QIT will help.

Rounds from the ready reflect renewed emphasis seen lately on having guns out in hand sooner than later.

Holster presentation, firing from ready, SHO and WHO, NSRs, a reload, standing, kneeling, compressed time frames, and one box of ammo. Like.

Well done to those involved.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Is there a new target for this too or just new procedures? Thought I read in another thread there is a new target. Link?
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I ran this today at the range on a Q-PT target. 48 out of 50. I tossed two just over the left shoulder at 25 yards from kneeling. I was way under par and should have slowed down more. I liked this course of fire and it was good to break the routine of just running my favorite drills and sitting at 25 yards because I really want to improve there. As a matter of fact I was so motivated after shooting this course of fire I spent 100 of the 200 I brought just on SHO and WHO from various ranges/positions and doing multiple drills which I haven't done in a while. I am going to have to remember and use drills like this to help break the cycle. @ASH556 & @Wayne Dobbs thank you for posting/mentioning this.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-19-2019 at 06:26 PM.

User Tag List