Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man accused of pulling gun on victim wearing MAGA hat

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I also have a removable “sticker” on my car:

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    We now live in a country that allows Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    To quote the ancient Moundian philosopher Alamodious Joius: "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't".

Occasionally i'm in the mood to invite the confrontation.
    Like when that gutless piece of shit assaulted a 15 year old for wearing a hat in San Antonio.
    That's when I actually purchased my MAGA hat and I wore it for a few weeks everywhere hoping some idiot would bite.

Most of the time I enjoy my boring life and dress like I belong in a Jimmy Buffet video.

He only confronted that kid because he knew there was next to zero chance the kid would push back. People like that, and people who feel good about themselves after telling old people off, never do it to anybody that's likely to clean their clock.

To quote the ancient Moundian philosopher Alamodious Joius: "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't".

Occasionally i'm in the mood to invite the confrontation.
    Like when that gutless piece of shit assaulted a 15 year old for wearing a hat in San Antonio.
    That's when I actually purchased my MAGA hat and I wore it for a few weeks everywhere hoping some idiot would bite.

Most of the time I enjoy my boring life and dress like I belong in a Jimmy Buffet video.

I think we give up the right to troll for an encounter when we leave our homes armed. Even if I was as tough as I once thought I was, who needs the aggravation, the repercussions...legal or otherwise?

YMMV, obviously.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think we give up the right to troll for an encounter when we leave our homes armed. Even if I was as tough as I once thought I was, who needs the aggravation, the repercussions...legal or otherwise?

YMMV, obviously.
    Someone here, I forgot who, wisely said... "Any confrontation I get involved in is automatically an armed confrontation."

I've found great wisdom in this observation.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Someone here, I forgot who, wisely said... "Any confrontation I get involved in is automatically an armed confrontation."

I've found great wisdom in this observation.
    Darryl Bolke aka Dagga Boy.

I don't know if he was the first to coin the phrase but I agree that it's a gem and something we should all have tattooed on our consciousness.
    Last edited by blues; 02-20-2019 at 12:52 PM.

I disagree that making a political statement is trolling.
    You don't give up your 1st amendment rights when you exercise your 2nd.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I disagree that making a political statement is trolling.
    You don't give up your 1st amendment rights when you exercise your 2nd.
    I'm not commenting about the hat...though it's a topic worthy of discussion in and of itself in regard to bringing attention to ourselves while armed.

I'm commenting on what you stated your purpose as being:

How do you think those words would play out if in fact an incident had arisen that landed you in court? It would certainly provide the prosecution with some ammunition in regard to state of mind.

Something worth considering, imho.

I totally defend you on your 1st and 2nd amendment rights. I just don't agree with how you combined the two in this particular instance.
    Last edited by blues; 02-20-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    How do you think those words would play out if in fact an incident had arisen that landed you in court?
    Not very well since those words were written in the past tense, ex post facto. Meaning they wouldn't have been written if something had gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Not very well since those words were written in the past tense, ex post facto. Meaning they wouldn't have been written if something had gone down.
    And if something were to go down tomorrow, with or without a hat, they would use the posts to show an aggressive and combative state of mind. Historical searches are not limited to finding out what happened on "the day" in question.

Keep that crystal ball handy.

User Tag List