Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to use on RMR cut to prevent corrosion?

thanks for all the replies and ideas.

do any of you have Glocks with RMR cuts that haven't been refinished?

I know I'm being a cheap ass but here is the cost break down:

Jagerwerks - $185
    RMR Cut - 125
    Sealing Plate - 10
    Cerakote - 50

ATEi - $178.50
    RMR Cut - 80
    Sealing Plate - 8.50
    BLK Nitride - 90

I don't really want to refinish the slide but, my concern is that this will be carried daily AIWB and sweat from my body will be against it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    I had Jagerwerks just do their "tool black" on my 19X RMR cut because I like everything about the factory Coyote finish and didn't want it messed with.
    No issues even sweating on it AIWB during long range days in 100 degree summer heat.
    I have a dual-illuminated RMR, so no sealing plate just the factory rubber o-ring on bottom.
    I very lightly rubbed some oil on the cut area before installing the RMR.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The Dillon home brew car lube of lanolin and alcohol is my favorite corrosion preventative.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    thanks for all the replies and ideas.

I know I'm being a cheap ass but here is the cost break down:

Jagerwerks - $185
    RMR Cut - 125
    Sealing Plate - 10
    Cerakote - 50

ATEi - $178.50
    RMR Cut - 80
    Sealing Plate - 8.50
    BLK Nitride - 90

I don't really want to refinish the slide but, my concern is that this will be carried daily AIWB and sweat from my body will be against it a lot.
    I'm waiting on my 17.3 slide to come back from Jagerwerks with an installed red dot and full refinish. While I don't mind paying the money for a full refinish, I hesitated to do it because I really liked the slide's well worn finish to begin with. Just an honest looking, well used pistol.

After hemming & hawing for a bit, I finally decided to go with the black Nitride refinish. My logic was that if (in the very unlikely event that) I don't really dig the red dot, I can sell-off the professionally refinished rig more easily than I could without the refinish. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I had Jagerwerks just do their "tool black" on my 19X RMR cut because I like everything about the factory Coyote finish and didn't want it messed with.
    No issues even sweating on it AIWB during long range days in 100 degree summer heat.
    I have a dual-illuminated RMR, so no sealing plate just the factory rubber o-ring on bottom.
    I very lightly rubbed some oil on the cut area before installing the RMR.
    Cool, unfortunately Jagerwerks doesn't offer the "tool black" any longer. Its either get the whole slide done or they leave it bare.

Im leaning towards having ATEi do the cut for $80 and using a sealing plate (its a Type 1) and just putting some Cold Blue on it and a light layer of oil.

I had Jagerworks cold blue both of mine. I'm in a humid environment. no problems here

Get some CRC 3-36 multi-purpose lubricant & corrosion inhibitor. One of the primary applications is protecting machined surfaces. You can get it by the gallon or smaller spray cans.

User Tag List