Thread: Phlster Spotlight vs Dark Star Rigel?

Phlster Spotlight vs Dark Star Rigel?

Looking for an AIWB option for a g19/17 with an x300u, so it's obviously between these two.

Both designs are very interesting to me, in particular, I really like how the Phlster has that built-in wedge.

For anyone who has used either, or both, can you share some experience/opinions on them?

I know these are both fantastic holsters made by quality folks. However, AIWB is super individual and what works well on one person may not work as well on another, due to differences in holster design. I'd love to hear all of your thoughts.

The differences are the formed in wedge on the Spotlight as well as the open bottom. The Rigel is a closed bottom G34. The Rigel also has the option, so to speak, of wrapping the rear sight to prevent as much sight poke as feasible. Given the limitations of that problem, so to speak, there's not gonna be too much different. Just comes down to how we handle attachments and so on.

If it's not 100% clear, I own Dark Star Gear and am friends with Jon from PHLster.

Coupon: P-F for me, Jedi10 is Scott Jedlinksi's code for PHLster.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The differences are the formed in wedge on the Spotlight as well as the open bottom. The Rigel is a closed bottom G34. The Rigel also has the option, so to speak, of wrapping the rear sight to prevent as much sight poke as feasible. Given the limitations of that problem, so to speak, there's not gonna be too much different. Just comes down to how we handle attachments and so on.

If it's not 100% clear, I own Dark Star Gear and am friends with Jon from PHLster.

Understood! Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

Pure class. Nicely done, sir.

User Tag List