Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I bet this goes the way I think it will

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I imagine no one here is surprised that Cook County decided to drop all charges.

This, however, did surprise me: Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Calls Jussie Smollett’s Dropped Charges a ‘Whitewash of Justice’
    Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel strongly condemned the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office decision to drop all charges against Jussie Smollett, calling it a “whitewash of justice.”

“This is a whitewash of justice,” Emanuel said Tuesday afternoon during a fiery press conference alongside Chicago police superintendent Eddie Johnson. “A grand jury could not have been clearer.”

In a stunning reversal, all charges were dropped against Smollett Tuesday morning by the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office. The “Empire” star was indicted on 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct earlier this month. He was accused of lying to police regarding a Jan. 29 incident, in which he said he was randomly attacked by two men shouting racial and homophobic slurs in his Chicago neighborhood.
    Last edited by Drang; 03-26-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Smollett's lawyers doubling down on stupid: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...roper-was-done

Site Supporter
    Are Smollett's lawyers as stupid as they seem? Or do they just think America is that stupid?

At this point, I don't think Empire can bring him back.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Are Smollett's lawyers as stupid as they seem? Or do they just think America is that stupid?
    As Glenn Reynolds likes to say, "Embrace the power of 'and'."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Holy shit

Are any of us part of contemporary American culture, or is this just a bad acid trip?

Stop the whiteface bus; I want to get off...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

No, seriously... I can’t even be outraged, it’s so comical. When did the “South park" guys start writing the news?

Glandian told "Today's" Savannah Guthrie on Thursday that Smollett did not lie when he told police he believed his alleged attackers were white because they were possibly wearing white makeup to disguise themselves.

^^^tell me that pic isn’t already in the running to be the best meme generator of 2019...

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"What that attack was pales in comparison to the attack on him by the mayor, by the CPD, by the press, by the public," she shared...
    I see what she did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Are Smollett's lawyers as stupid as they seem?
    Sure seems like it. In the city's $390,000 civil suit against Smollett, his lawyers unsuccessfully argued that Jussie could not have foreseen an extensive & expensive police investigation into his false hate crime report:

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/ch...ss-1203379935/

Jussie Smollett indicted on 6 counts for allegedly lying to police about attack claim

Jussie Smollett has been indicted by a grand jury on six counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police about his claims of a racist and homophobic attack against him in January 2019, a special prosecutor said Tuesday. Special prosecutor Dan Webb issued a statement announcing the indictment against the 37-year-old former "Empire" star. The actor is due in court on Feb. 24, Fox 32 reported citing a source.
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ial-prosecutor

A grand jury returned a six-count indictment accusing actor Jussie Smollett of lying to Chicago police when he reported a racist and homophobic attack last year, a special prosecutor announced Tuesday. Smollett faces six counts of disorderly conduct, special prosecutor Dan Webb said in a statement. Tina Glandian, Smollett’s attorney, did not immediately return a call for comment Tuesday.
    https://www.pressherald.com/2020/02/...es-in-chicago/

User Tag List