Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Axiom

Another Axiom

that deserves a plaque: "A serious lack of shooting back."

I do not know Tam, being such an old codger and she being such a young sprite, but she writes and comports well, and does our side well in aggressively advancing the correct narrative.

https://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspo...p-nothing.html

One of the best writers in the industry. Perhaps even a "writer's writer," that's how brilliant her turns of phrase and observations can be on occasion. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

This incident has me re-thinking how I approach certain aspects of life.......

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    This incident has me re-thinking how I approach certain aspects of life.......
    In what manner?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    One of the best writers in the industry. Perhaps even a "writer's writer," that's how brilliant her turns of phrase and observations can be on occasion. JMO.
    There are Tam O'Shanter...but she's Tam O'Banter.

She's the only reason I get Shooting Illustrated delivered.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    If a background check can be done instantaneously and with minimal burden, it becomes a difficult thing to argue with - until an incident like this comes up. Of course, no one pushing for background checks believes they will help, it is just a step in the direction they want to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If a background check can be done instantaneously and with minimal burden, it becomes a difficult thing to argue with - until an incident like this comes up. Of course, no one pushing for background checks believes they will help, it is just a step in the direction they want to go.
    It seems to me that if they really want to go Full Communist®, then there should be background checks for those who wish to exercise their First Amendment rights as journalists.

After all, Mr. Jughashvili thought that was the way to go:

“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our political opponents have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?” (Joseph Stalin 1930)

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    In what manner?
    Can't specify

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    It seems to me that if they really want to go Full Communist[emoji2400], then there should be background checks for those who wish to exercise their First Amendment rights as journalists.

After all, Mr. Jughashvili thought that was the way to go:

“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our political opponents have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?” (Joseph Stalin 1930)
    Yes, that is one of the biggest problems with background checks for rights, regardless of which right is being discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Yes, that is one of the biggest problems with background checks for rights, regardless of which right is being discussed.

We need to legally deem any leftist speech as hate speech, since they - as a matter of explicit fact - hate the USA. At least then their own stupidity would be used against them.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List