Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PX4 Sight Replacement

I've had no issues on the full size (9 and 40), Inox compact, or Subcompacts of the PX4. On a normal PX4 compact, HOWEVER, I ended up replacing the slide after bending the safety/decocker section of the slide and over at Beretta forum (down at the moment for maintenance), there is a thread where someone broke that part. I've heard someone question if the sights are placed in the slide before being coated/painted and wonder if that is why they are worse. (this was using the tool the OP was asking about)
    Local gunsmith, said (after putting them on another gun), cut the back off, and don't ever try to waste time pushing those out. (factory three dot can be bought reasonably)

I picked up my tool, used via Ebay, and then bought another guns shoe for it. Can the OP pick up the tool for another gun they have and call MGW for the sight shoe?

Other gunsmiths (Josh at Allegany), use one of the pro tools (3x the cost).

Appreciate all the feedback

Hey guys -

Appreciate all the feedback and perspectives. I'm not in a huge rush so I'll keep researching and considering have-a-professional-do-it vs diy. I've been trying to do more basic operations myself (especially on my AR). But, I don't anticipate replacing sights often so buying the proper tools and learning from mistakes just may not make sense.

Thanks again-
    John

I have a Px4 SC that I have upgraded converting it to a “Sub Compact Carry.” Basically, all of the features of the EL Compact Carry including the AmeriGlo sights. I used an aluminum punch I shaped to fit the front sight and dovetail. It requires patience, attention, and a sturdy vise with wood between the jaws and slide. I had to reshape the aluminum punch a few times (belt sander) during the process as it became peened from the force. The aluminum will mar the sights but can be easily removed with 10 mins of scrubbing using a brush and CLP after installation. I also had to address the replacement sights with sanding removing some material to fit in the slide dovetails. With patience and care it can be done with a hammer and punch.

Here is my PF thread showing the upgrades and mods to my Px4 SC making it a “Sub Compact Carry”:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....SA-Glock-26-27

User Tag List