Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PX4 Sight Replacement

PX4 Sight Replacement

Hi All -

New to the forums - thanks for all the shared info - very helpful. And, nice to see so many PX4 fans!

I've got a PX4 Storm Subcompact I've been using as my EDC for years. Just recently got some trijicon sights I need put on it. I've heard the MGW #314 tool is the way to go. Looks like it's discontinued though. Does anyone have any recommendations on alternatives? I'm a novice at smithing but my go-to gunsmith said with the right tool I can probably do it myself.

I've also got an M&P Shield 9mm and plan on doing a trigger swap on that one which would require removing the rear sight. So, a pusher tool that could handle both would be great.

Any recommendations/advice appreciated!
    Best -
    John

Find a different gunsmith. One who knows that Beretta sights in general and specifically the PX4 are very difficult to remove. Most likely a hammer and punch removal. And one who has a pro-level front sight tool for installation with a shoe that fits the slide model. Read reviews, find someone good. Based on my experience with a Px4 Compact. No idea on the S&W.

Site Supporter
    I have great results with the NcStar sight tool https://www.amazon.com/ATG-Universal...-1-spons&psc=1

Used it with great success on multiple S&W M&P 2.0s, 1.0s and Glocks.

There are multiple posting about issues changing sights on PX4. I would send mine to Langdon Tactical.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    The PX4 is absurdly easy to field strip and detail strip, but the sights... I personally will no longer do a thing with them beyond an almost microscopic adjustment, and then only if they budge at all. IMO, it is well worth finding someone who has replaced a set of PX4 sights a couple of times (successfully) and pay them for their trouble.

If there is any NSFW language in a man, changing out sights on the average PX4 will have him repeating most of it more than once before the job is finished.

gn

Site Supporter
    I'll add to the "send it to Langdon" chorus. He's installed sights on two of my Px4s and it's done correctly, with no marring of any parts. I had to drift one a hair to zero it, and it took a 1 lb. hammer and a steel drift (a brass one just mushroomed) to do it.

Eh, I don't know about all that. I think you guys are exaggerating the difficulty of replacing the factory sights. I mean, I changed the front sight on my PX4 full size myself - so how hard can it be? Sure, it was tight. But a hammer and a punch got it out just fine.

Of course I don't have the option to send my pistol to a Beretta guru like Langdon Tactical, so I was pretty much forced to do the work myself. You guys have more options.

This gentleman indicates that the APX requires the Beretta sight pusher or damage will result: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post845473

The PX4 might be similar.

I used a universal sight pusher for my PX4c without any issues. I wouldn’t have attempted it with punches though.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonrat View Post
    Find a different gunsmith. One who knows that Beretta sights in general and specifically the PX4 are very difficult to remove. Most likely a hammer and punch removal. And one who has a pro-level front sight tool for installation with a shoe that fits the slide model. Read reviews, find someone good. Based on my experience with a Px4 Compact. No idea on the S&W.
    ^This! I had a full size and had Trijicons put in. My friend put the same sights on his Storm a week later but used a different gunsmith and when he got it back his slide was damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ruined a set of sights when trying to install on my PX4 compact. I hammered the sh!t out of the set on my PX4 full size. They look horrible but luckily are installed straight.

I've now bought the MGW Rangemaster Pro for future sight installs.

User Tag List