Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 625-3

I really not complaining. I still get to shoot every week, sometimes twice a week, plus competitions. I work pt at the range which helps a lot.

Name:  KIMG1087.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  23.4 KB
    Name:  KIMG1089.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  25.9 KB
    At least he has good taste.

CWM11B
    Well, your responsibilities come first, so good on you. Now, post the phone number/website because I'd buy that in a skinny minute. I only have a cranky English Bulldog to feed
    Last edited by CWM11B; 02-16-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Yeah, this adulting stuff is hard.
    Growing up remains the single most overrated thing I've ever done.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Check out the timing, lock up, etc. That was the gun to have for revolver in USPSA and IDPA a few years ago. Some of them have been run pretty hard. It looks like it has the original front sight with paint on it. That would probably be a good thing, meaning it hasn't been run hard in competition.

I thought that is what the “03” might have been for. Semper Fi there Devil Dog. I wind up rolling the MOS into usernames, passwords, lock combos, etc. I guess I’m not special! Talking about lock combos.... I still remember my lock combo from Parris Island. It was important not to forget it.

I owned and shot a 25 but it was a hassle with the moon clips. Recently I’ve checked out some of the newer tools that speed up and simplify things. I also picked up some 45 Auto Rim brass and hand loaded them. It was a super accurate sweet shooting revolver. Definitely enjoyed it. It wound up going in a trade for something else I absolutely “needed” at that moment. I’d like to own a whole lot of different firearms. Just can’t afford to own all of them at the same time.

Your son has excellent taste in literature.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I remember back when I got out of the Marines in 05 I was more interested in spending months at a time in the woods than working. Now that I'm making much better money than I did as a fisherman I have a 7 month old and a stay at home wife. Which I love being able to support. It just doesn't leave much extra $ for toys.
    I paid $1100 for a 3" 625-3 a few years back. S&W does not (and never will) make a gun that good again. For $650 I'd throw that sucker on layaway if the shop was cool with it.

I have an 8 month old so I hear you on money for toys and time.

Site Supporter
    Layaway!!!

I had one back in the day, tuned the action then had John Nowlin rebarrel it for pin shooting. Won no small number of events with it. Then sold it to a buddy who managed to bulge the cylinder.

I still have a 25-2 that I’ll probably keep forever.

Buy it- layaway, whatever it takes.

Site Supporter
    If you can, layaway. My S&W book says the 625 is worth $600 in VG condition, $750 in Ex condition, and $1000 in LNIB. That book has always been low value-wise in my experience. I'd add $100 to each of those numbers.

Short of the S&W market tanking like it hasn't done yet, you'll be able to get your money back at any point you decide to sell it.

Chris

User Tag List