Thread: ? PX4 Compact with RMR

? PX4 Compact with RMR

Newb here... long time reader and probably should talk about how much I like my PX4, but that would be unoriginal. My aging eyes are in need of a red dot, leading to this question.

This maybe a little lame- I have read elsewhere that using an "MOS" red dot mounting option (as in Glock type, but also Langdon's approach, if I'm reading correctly) is not ideal for 2 reasons. 1.) It places the red dot on a plate higher than it needs to be; 2.) the mount is completely dependent on screws as opposed to the device fitting tightly into a milled space in the slide, which is allegedly stronger.

I've only read about the latter of the two points from the companies doing the custom milling (bias?). That said, I like the idea of the device being as low on the slide as possible. And, getting Langdon to do it seems to cost more than the other custom shops (ATEI, Saurez, etc).

So I am probably just going to get my slide sent off to Langdon and get it done, but I'd really like to hear opinions on this. My intention it to go with the RMR with 3.25 Moa adjustable dot, if it matters.

Thanks

I’m not sure anyone has got one back since they just started the service.

It’s my guess they have to mount the RMR higher using the plate to allow space for the little Firing Pin Safety indicator doo dad that pops up just forward of the rear sight.

AFAIK, LTT is the only one offering this service on the PX4 series.
    Last edited by David S.; 02-16-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    David S.

User Tag List