Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No pistol for 7 months: how to bunce back?

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    For those who have deployed and or/ been with out a pistol to even dry fire with, how do you/what's the best way to regain what you lost? I planned on shooting some of the bigger IDPA's in NC later this year, but might just end up watching for the weekend and saving the match fee's for more ammo.
    Why not practice dry firing with the M9 Double action trigger?

iPad/Tapatalk

Very few folks get M9s.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I suggest starting with precision shooting on 3x5 cards at any distance and working out to 25 yard bullseye to get the trigger press fundamentals back. And get some snap caps for working to get the reloads smooth again. My $0.02.
    I spent the winter shooting indoor .22 bullseye and just got back from my first class of the season yesterday. I was amazed at how much more accurate I was during the class. I shoot the bullseye course with a couple of the instructors, and even then, they kept commenting on how well I was shooting (and ended up pushing up my speed as a result). So dry practice and even shooting target .22's had a HUGE impact for me.

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    For those who have deployed and or/ been with out a pistol to even dry fire with, how do you/what's the best way to regain what you lost? I planned on shooting some of the bigger IDPA's in NC later this year, but might just end up watching for the weekend and saving the match fee's for more ammo.
    Work on your rapid fire by having someone blow a bosun's pipe near your ear. Your murderous rage will help your perform.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Work on your rapid fire by having someone blow a bosun's pipe near your ear. Your murderous rage will help your perform.
    Had to youtube as I've never been afloat or to fleet week. Kinda makes you want to strangle someone with a fourragère.

No issued pistol.

Have a markII,will def be taking it to the range.

Thanks guys.

The close-in work is already paying off. 2 weeks ago I was thowing shots all over the paper at dot targets at 3yds, today I was keeping most of my shots in 2" circle targets at 5-6 and finished off the session with 10 to a 3x5 at 7yds.

Dropped two of those shots by about an inch, but it feels great to finally be getting back into the groove of things after having had my shooting degrade so badly due to the time off.

And now I need to order more ammo. This is a problem I like having.

User Tag List