Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P9 2.0 4.25.........

M&P9 2.0 4.25.........

Who has one and how do you like it? I like my 45 shield so much (most accurate and shootable gun i own) that its lead to a strong interest in the full sized M&P 2.0s (dont like the first gen guns). Currently looking for a source for the LE version with night sights and 3 mags (stock number 11518).

I've got one - frankly, it's the only .45 I have any interest in at this point. To date it's been completely reliable through about 1,000 rounds, it's as accurate as any 1911 I've owned, while weighing less and having better capacity. Mine's the full size, the only change I've made is to add Ameriglo CAP sights. It's also very soft shooting...

Site Supporter
    I am a fan of the M&P 2.0 9mm. Carry a M&P 2.0 9mm Compact 4inch and regularly shoot the M&P 2.0 4.25 (FS) 9mm as my range pistol.

I have a full-size M&P 45 2.0. A total of 1,010 rounds have been fired through it of various FMJ and JHP projectiles. No malfunctions whatsoever. I use the medium-large grip panel. I also have the 1.0 version of the same pistol. The trigger pull on the 2.0 is improved over the 1.0. It took a little getting use to, but I do like the more aggressive texture of the 2.0 grip. I am probably in the minority here, but I do miss the beaver tail on the 2.0. For me, the B/T helped to anchor the pistol in my hand. Not a deal breaker though.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am a fan of the M&P 2.0 9mm. Carry a M&P 2.0 9mm Compact 4inch and regularly shoot the M&P 2.0 4.25 (FS) 9mm as my range pistol.
    Curious, with or without thumb safety?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Curious, with or without thumb safety?
    I have multiple 2.0s. Most without thumb safety. My carry Compact 4 inch is without TS. My range FS 4.25 is without. I have a M&P 1.0 FS 9mm with safety and a M&P 2.0 Compact 4 inch 9 with safety. I can reinstall some TS if I choose.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have multiple 2.0s. Most without thumb safety. My carry Compact 4 inch is without TS. My range FS 4.25 is without. I have a M&P 1.0 FS 9mm with safety and a M&P 2.0 Compact 4 inch 9 with safety. I can reinstall some TS if I choose.
    I'm TS curious, but do not want to jack this thread. Started another thread here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....003#post846003

Would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks!

JMO... the 4.25" Barrel M&P 2.0 9mm is the least accurate of the bunch.

I am more accurate with the 4" & 3.6" … 2.0 9mm's.
    The 5" Barrel 2.0... 9mm is Very good at 25 yards !

25 yards with the 4'' Barrel.
    Name:  DSCN0165 (2).jpg
Views: 547
Size:  32.2 KB

The 45 Shield is fantastic at 25 yards for a small pistol ..
    The Full size 45 is also GTG.
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 02-16-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Vending Machine Operator
    I have an M2.0 .45 4'6", M2.0 9mm 4.0" Compact, and an M2.0 Shield 9.

Perfect reliability and excellent accuracy from all three so far. Zero malfunctions to report so far in about 4K rounds across the 3 platforms.

I'd buy the 4.25" in a heartbeat. I am all-in on the M2.0 series guns. If I ever have a reason to change that opinion, I'll be happily open and honest about it.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 02-16-2019 at 04:44 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I've been carrying an M&P9 2.0 4" for about 18 months now and I really like it. No problems whatsoever and I think I shoot it better than with my previous Glocks. My department just switched over to the M&P9 2.0 4.25". I find that accuracy wise I shoot the 4.25" better but the 4.0" is quicker in reference to drills. Side but side, or even swapping slides, the length difference is hard to see. I was a big fan of Glocks (still am) BUT having to give up Glocks for M&Ps I've been really happy with the platform and decided to adopt it across the board.

User Tag List