Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 48 NCEngravers customization

@CarlK, did you do the trigger shoe swap yourself or did the shop do it? I'd like to have the shoes swapped on my G43's and the 48's but don't have the stones to do it or trust is. Is it the first time you've have a shoe swapped? Have you ever have the pin work loose? Thanks.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-15-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    More pics from a short range session today. The windage spreading was due to me not using Loctite on the RMSc mounting bolts; recoil loosened the sight side-to-side. Review to follow...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by CarlK; 02-15-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    A couple more.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @CarlK, did you do the trigger shoe swap yourself or did the shop do it? I'd like to have the shoes swapped on my G43's and the 48's but don't have the stones to do it or trust is. Is it the first time you've have a shoe swapped? Have you ever have the pin work loose? Thanks.
    I did the process myself twice. Since the G43/48 trigger shoe pin doesn’t go all the way through it is slightly tricky.

1. Get a thin nail or punch and lightly tap with a small hammer on the exposed G43 trigger shoe pin. I rest the trigger assembly on a hockey puck with a hole drilled through the center.

2. Once you can see a slight ‘pimple’ rising on the non-exposed side of the trigger shoe pin stop tapping.

3. I used a ‘T’ pin heated up with a lighter and held in a pair of vice grips to melt through the ‘pimple’ and push the trigger pin out through the exposed side of the G43 trigger shoe. (Other people have used a very thin drill bit to drill a hole through the ‘pimple’ and then used a thin punch to push the trigger shoe pin out.) I actually used both techniques with equal success.

4. Once I swapped trigger shoes I lightly tapped the G43 trigger pin back in and used a small drop of red or blue Loctite as a lubricant when tapping the pin home. The Loctite locks the pin in place. I have around 500 rounds through my modified G43 trigger assembly and the pin has not moved at all.

@CarlK, thanks for the reply. Not sure I’d feel comfortable doing something like that myself, probably wouldn’t trust it though it seems that using some red locktight would be a pretty safe bet. Your gun turned out great. I hope it runs well for you please keep us up to date on round count with the RMSc. I am very curious about them and the new RMSw’s but I can’t seem to find a stocking dealer.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-15-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    I had a very quick trip to the PD range today and fired 50 rounds of our duty round, Winchester Ranger RA9T 147gr and 50 rounds of American Eagle 124gr FMJ. All rounds fired without any hiccups despite me forgetting to apply any lube whatsoever to the dry, cerakoted slide. All spent casings ejected very briskly to the four o’clock and hit the floor about five feet away. For me, this was a return to the positive, forceful ejection patterns of the Gen 1 and 2 G19s that I had back in the day. I was very pleased with the function of the pistol and found it to be very mild in recoil and quick to return to the target.

Using the RMSc’s rear dovetail and the green Ameriglo tritium front sight I achieved a decent sight picture and the rounds impacted just above the point of aim. The RMSc rear notch is too wide in my opinion but since it will function as a BUIS if the red dot should fail, I am okay with the trade off.

I am very pleased with how this pistol turned out and it will fill a very particular niche for me. I will reach 30 years of Law Enforcement service in June and have risen through the ranks to where I am flying a desk instead of a Crown Vic. Our department is in the process of transitioning from the Hk P30 series to the SIG Sauer P320RX series. Running the red dot of the RX has been a joy with my older eyes and I was recently able to easily achieve a 250/250 w/ 16 in the X. With the recent emergence of “policeman’s hip” and sciatic pain, I will be able to conceal carry the Glock 48 RMSc so much easier than the P320c RX and will be able to maintain a somewhat consistent weapon platform.

I plan to shoot the G48 later this weekend with HST 124, 124+p, 147, and 150 grain rounds.

Site Supporter
    MikeC, check out Lone Wolf Distributors- they have the RMSc in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    MikeC, check out Lone Wolf Distributors- they have the RMSc in stock now.
    I did and I've been looking at Brownells also. No one stocks the W version which is what I am looking for. I just read on another thread it doesn't look like they will be available until APR anyways. On a side not I like the beefier construction of the RMSw. I don't beat my equipment and I really try hard to take care of everything but shit just breaks around me so I'll take all the reinforcement in the design I can get. I am also hoping that the glass lens will be an option soon. I really, really want to get a pair of them to try out on some 19.5 MOS models I have. I may at some point pickup one to put on a 48 or 43X depending if they prove reliable/durable enough. I figured I'd proof the concept on the MOS model because if I don't like it I'm not married to it. I mainly want to use it as a training tool to help me with tracking through recoil and 25 yards on out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    I did the process myself twice. Since the G43/48 trigger shoe pin doesn’t go all the way through it is slightly tricky.

1. Get a thin nail or punch and lightly tap with a small hammer on the exposed G43 trigger shoe pin. I rest the trigger assembly on a hockey puck with a hole drilled through the center.

2. Once you can see a slight ‘pimple’ rising on the non-exposed side of the trigger shoe pin stop tapping.

3. I used a ‘T’ pin heated up with a lighter and held in a pair of vice grips to melt through the ‘pimple’ and push the trigger pin out through the exposed side of the G43 trigger shoe. (Other people have used a very thin drill bit to drill a hole through the ‘pimple’ and then used a thin punch to push the trigger shoe pin out.) I actually used both techniques with equal success.

4. Once I swapped trigger shoes I lightly tapped the G43 trigger pin back in and used a small drop of red or blue Loctite as a lubricant when tapping the pin home. The Loctite locks the pin in place. I have around 500 rounds through my modified G43 trigger assembly and the pin has not moved at all.
    So the trigger shoe is the same for the 43 as a 17? Same shoe on a different bar is the only difference?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    So the trigger shoe is the same for the 43 as a 17? Same shoe on a different bar is the only difference?
    Exactly. Same size, interchangeable shoes.

User Tag List