Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 48 NCEngravers customization

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    Exactly. Same size, interchangeable shoes.
    Had a feeling, but wasn't sure as I know longer have a 43, Damon at SSVI confirmed as much as well.

Hey Carl, your setup looks great. Bumping this thread with a few questions if you've got a minute. Any more range time with it and how's it holding up? Do you know your front sight height & does it index well? Did you go with the 4 or 8 MOA dot? Any thing you would do different if you had a do-over?
    Best regards,
    JSP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    Hey Carl, your setup looks great. Bumping this thread with a few questions if you've got a minute. Any more range time with it and how's it holding up? Do you know your front sight height & does it index well? Did you go with the 4 or 8 MOA dot? Any thing you would do different if you had a do-over?
    Best regards,
    JSP
    I went with the 4 MOA dot and it is perfect for sight acquisition up close and pinpoint accuracy at 25 yds. The front sight is the Ameriglo Bold for the G43 and it works great as a backup iron sight. This is the BEST extractionpattern of all of the Glocks I have owned since 1990 and is likely due to the new breech-face groove Glock began incorporating with the Gen 5 series. The finish has been holding up great through around 300 rounds of ammo and routine cleaning.

If I were to do it over again I likely would keep the rear dovetail sight. The existing Shield rear notch is a bit too wide for what I am used to.

Are you currently carrying this? If so, how frequently and what method?

I'm really interested in keeping tabs on your experience with this setup as your round count and carry time increase. I reached out to Shield to ask if they'd be doing a ruggedized/waterproof version of the RMS-C, and was told that the size wasn't conducive to a RMS-W type update...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Are you currently carrying this? If so, how frequently and what method?

I'm really interested in keeping tabs on your experience with this setup as your round count and carry time increase. I reached out to Shield to ask if they'd be doing a ruggedized/waterproof version of the RMS-C, and was told that the size wasn't conducive to a RMS-W type update...
    I am carrying this on-duty when I am not in uniform. It carries so much easier on the plainclothes gunbelt than my issue pistol, the P320RXc. I am carrying it in an open-top, outside the waistband kydex holster (very similar to a Raven). For off-duty carry I use a G43 frame with a 43x slide (I got tired of the chronic BTF with the standard 43 slide). At some point I might send in the 43x slide for milling for the Shield but will likely retain the standard rear sight dovetail.

Thanks Carl, that's great info. I'd never considered a 43X slide on a 43 but I get it. Keep us in the loop as you get more time with your rigs.
    Stay safe out there & best regards to you & yours,
    JSP

User Tag List