Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NeoMag speed strip clip

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Can you give a little more detail about your reasoning?
    My chief complaint is that I can’t get my index finger to the end of the strip. It comes out of my pocket like this:

That’s as far as my stubby index finger can reach in to my pocket. It would probably work better for someone with longer fingers.

It’s also occurred to me since that post that I’d probably have better results with 6-round strips.

My reloads are smoother by simply carrying one strip in a dedicated pocket. That allows me to grasp it how I want, index finger out at the end to guide the rounds in to the chambers. The downside is I have to remember not to put anything else in that pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    My chief complaint is that I can’t get my index finger to the end of the strip. It comes out of my pocket like this:

That’s as far as my stubby index finger can reach in to my pocket. It would probably work better for someone with longer fingers.

It’s also occurred to me since that post that I’d probably have better results with 6-round strips.

My reloads are smoother by simply carrying one strip in a dedicated pocket. That allows me to grasp it how I want, index finger out at the end to guide the rounds in to the chambers. The downside is I have to remember not to put anything else in that pocket.
    Gotcha. Makes sense. I was thinking the most beneficial thing would be the having it be at a consistent location for a reload instead of hunting for it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Gotcha. Makes sense. I was thinking the most beneficial thing would be the having it be at a consistent location for a reload instead of hunting for it.
    OK for brevity’s sake, I’ll refer to the doo-hickey as a “clip”.

Yes, it does help with the positioning. Though I haven’t timed myself, I have no doubt that producing the strip is faster than carrying loose in my pocket. Also, if I forget and drop something in that pocket, I don’t have to fumble among multiple items (although a key ring could still get tangled.)

The trade-off is I don’t feel I have as good of control guiding rounds to the chambers. My thumb, middle & ring finger are on the clip instead of the strip, so it feels like the strip can flop around a bit. I don’t get fingertips on the edge of the bullets to help guide the rounds.

That may just be a psychological thing. It would require a timer and someone more experienced with speed strips to tell if there’s any real difference.

One cool feature is the spring clip can be moved to either side, so it can be carried right or left with the rounds oriented how you want. The spring tension can also be adjusted.

I found I have better control by only loading six and leaving the last two empty:

The clip attaches to the strip tab by loosening the two Allen screws, slipping in the tab, then tightening them down. It came loose after about 7 reloads on my first range session. I can’t fault the clip for that since I probably didn’t get it tight enough, and it was being yanked hard out of my pocket.

The strip should probably be changed periodically since the tab will get stretched and worn with use. It’s going to be critical to keep that connection tight. Every time you grasp the clip, it’s going to tug at it.

Also, the round right next to the attachment point is a a bit stubborn coming out. The clip supports the back of the strip at that spot, so that portion of the strip doesn’t have much bend. That last round needs a good sideways twist to get it out.

In retrospect, my initial comment wasn’t fair. It’s good quality and looks like it should last for years.

Someone more experienced with speed strips could probably give a better evaluation as to usability.

Thanks. I’ll probably order one soon.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

How does this compare to simply carrying a speed strip in your watch pocket? I realize not everyone wears jeans the majority of the time, but I do. I have carried speed strips in my watch pocket and never had an issue with them turning around or getting into a funky position. They always stay put for me. I am not saying I won’t get one of these. I can see a few situations one could be useful.

I ordered one today. 10% off and free shipping if you sign up for email annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    How does this compare to simply carrying a speed strip in your watch pocket? I realize not everyone wears jeans the majority of the time, but I do. I have carried speed strips in my watch pocket and never had an issue with them turning around or getting into a funky position. They always stay put for me. I am not saying I won’t get one of these. I can see a few situations one could be useful.
    I'd rather use the watch pocket

Pm me before you do

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    I wear jeans most of the time, but I’ve never had a watch pocket that big.

Mine arrived and I tried it a couple of different ways. I often carry a strip in my back pocket, this saves fishing for it. I like the consistent position and pinching between the thumb and middle finger seems to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

User Tag List