Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock needs a 42X... 49?

Glock needs a 42X... 49?

After dealing with my stinking tennis elbow at the range today... Glock needs to make a 42X and/or a 49 (48 sized .380) for us old guys with old guys injuries.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I whole-heartedly agree. What fun that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree. What fun that would be!
    Absolutely

I wouldn't want one as my only gun (for now, I'm not that old yet) but it would damn sure be a good way to get in some meaningful, low pain Glock range time right now.
    And I'd carry it for the next few months as I heal because no matter how good I got with my left hand and 9mm, I think i'd still be better off shooting right handed with a .380.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I’ve said it before: a CZ-83 for the new millennium. A hosing machine, disguised as an old man gun. I’m in.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    After dealing with my stinking tennis elbow at the range today... Glock needs to make a 42X and/or a 49 (48 sized .380) for us old guys with old guys injuries.
    Either that, or considering you are only going to get older, just wait for their model 44 in .22LR, and get a Bobcat for when you wear your lounge shorts or tuxedo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

After dealing with my stinking tennis elbow at the range today.
    I started using elbow support when I was about 40 (prehistoric times). The elbow issues started when I was completing LE firearm instructor certification and we were around 1k rounds per day for 21 days.

I still have a fitness routine that I perform and have found good results from the Bandit elbow support. https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Band-Brac.../dp/B00CSDEDR8

Sometimes one side, sometimes both depending on the workout intensity.

Also, (you invariably know this): inflammation needs "cooling": cease the repetitive motion that produces it (until it heals), cold wraps soon after injury/exacerbation for several days, then perform hot/cold 10 minutes each (as hot or cold as you can without burn injury) ending on a cold cycle. The hot/cold "pumps" blood through the tissues enhancing circulation and healing. NSAID's (ibuprofen) round the clock for a week or so. Be careful to adhere to recommended dosage as they are nephrotoxic and can also cause gastric irritation. (Ranitidine OTC helps with that.)
    Last edited by Gray01; 02-14-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Site Supporter
    I did 150 through my G26 yesterday (40 off hand, 110 main hand) after a couple hundred Saturday, and my main hand wrist and elbow and shoulder told me about it during and after. NPE day today, so pocket carried a 642, but now thinking about it, I probably should just get the G42 out and go with it for a while. And use my therapeutic Beretta at the range for shooting lots of rounds.

Or one of my even more therapeutic .22s.
    Last edited by Duelist; 02-14-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Either that, or considering you are only going to get older, just wait for their model 44 in .22LR, and get a Bobcat for when you wear your lounge shorts or tuxedo.
    The oldest pistol in my safe is a Beretta Bobcat 21A from 1991 or so when my wife (girlfriend at the time) wanted something to keep in her apartment at college.
    I also have the companion piece... a 84 Cheetah in 22LR.

The oldest pistol in my safe is a Beretta Bobcat 21A from 1991 or so when my wife (girlfriend at the time) wanted something to keep in her apartment at college.
    I also have the companion piece... a 84 Cheetah in 22LR.
    You could probably sell that to Enel, if it is more reliable than a Bobcat!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List