Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I want this. Just because - 9mm Gatling

This gives me a case of the wants. And the estimated MSRP is a surprise too. It is actually affordable, I just have to save up some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    YES.

Also - They have a damn .357 Magnum Rolling Block - https://tippmannarmory.com/rolling-block-357-magnum/ - which I need like another hole in the head, but fuck it. I'm getting one.

And also, I'm getting one of these Gatling guns - Because I'm completing a PhD and the price is too good to pass up. I wonder if they'll work with the Glock drum mags? We're gonna find out.
    I'll bring the ammo and cigars when you get it set up.

How does the manufacturer regulate all the barrels to the same point of impact?

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    How does the manufacturer regulate all the barrels to the same point of impact?
    I doubt that they do.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I doubt that they do.
    Look up "machine gun" and "beaten zone"...

ETA: sorry Hambo, for peterb...

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 03-19-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Well, gatlings by default fire the barrel at 6 o'clock. As long as the barrels are the same length and thickness, then the tricky part is getting the front circular support properly installed. Even if it pushes the barrels inward a bit, as long as all the barrels are pushed inward the same amount, accuracy should be similar across all barrels. If each barrel is level, they should all be pretty close to point of aim.

That said, this ain't going to produce MOA groups at 100 yards. If it can keep all the rounds from a Glock drum mag on a standard USPSA target at 25 yards, I'll be tickled as hell.

PS: From a technical point of view, you can think of it like this. We regulate over-unders and side-by-sides, because each round is fired from a different barrel, but also from a different plane (horizontal or vertical) from the sights. The Gatling does not do this. It would be like firing the lower barrel of an over-under, then swiveling the barrels and firing the other barrel.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 03-19-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ppmann-armory/

I take it that this isn't an NFA item but it is a precursor and looks cool. Best for open carry and towing it around the mall.
    Might as well go all in and get the newly introduced BRN-134D MINIGUN 7.62X51MM NATO SEMI-AUTO
    https://www.brownells.com/firearms/r...rod127287.aspx
    Last edited by MistWolf; 04-01-2019 at 10:03 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Isn't that a NFA item and being new, not available to civilians?

It was advertised as semi-auto. It was also an April's Fool joke and Brownell's has since took down the link
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Necroposting because this:

Feat of the Week: 9mm Gatling Gun
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List