Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 s&w pistol

I'm going to grab a KSP trade in Glock 35 Gen 4 one of these days, just because.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    I'm going to grab a KSP trade in Glock 35 Gen 4 one of these days, just because.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    During the last ammo drought, .40 was almost always available. (I bought a trade-in 226.)
    During the last drought, I traded a case of practice 9mm for 180 HSTs.

Site Supporter
    About a year ago, 180 HST was going for $15/box of 50. That supply has since dried up.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I know! I've been thinking that I would eventually buy Glock 35 because I've always shot Glocks, but right now I'm in the middle of a fling with a HK P30. It's confusing.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    If you want a surplus G35, this may not be a bad way to go.

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/glock...n-p-44481.html

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Seeing the massive drop in popularity of the 40 since 2013, and that surely retailers and manufacturers noticed 40 sat on shelves while 9 and 45 were impossible to keep in stock, will 40 ammo be as available the next time as last time?
    Personal opinion, No. There are still LEO's that are issued 40, and that is cheaper practice ammo that can be used on some 10mm guns. (really trying to justify a 10mm revolver to myself)

Site Supporter
    I've run .40 S&W ammo through a couple 10mm autos. The shorter round headspaces on the extractor. Actually this event of extractor headspacing occurs in .45 ACP and other rounds designed to headspace on the case mouth. If it did not occur, ammo with too short case length likely would not fire.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    If you want a surplus G35, this may not be a bad way to go.

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/glock...n-p-44481.html

I bought one of those gen 4 KSP's from those guys back in the summer "just because" and have enjoyed it. Mine may have been issued but just barely, great condition. I generally have no use for .40 Glocks and find that tribe of 40's obnoxious to shoot except the 35.

Since the OP's question appears to have been answered I have another .40 related question. If this has been addressed elsewhere I haven't seen it.

If capacity limits come back on a national level would that be reason enough to look at .40 again or have 9mm loads progressed to the point that there's no significant reason to consider carrying 10 rounds of .40 over 10 rounds of 9mm?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

If capacity limits come back on a national level would that be reason enough to look at .40 again or have 9mm loads progressed to the point that there's no significant reason to consider carrying 10 rounds of .40 over 10 rounds of 9mm?

In my mind, there are those that would go back to .40, while awaiting the massive run on magazines that would have to happen nationally.

User Tag List