Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is by your bed?

Site Supporter
    Gen4 Glock 17 with 19 rounds of 124gr +P Gold Dots sporting a Surefire X300-U.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Colt railed Commander with TLR-1 HL loaded with 230gr HST plus an extra mag. Surefire P2X Fury Tactical hand-held light. Peltor ProTac electronic muffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Taken to PM so as not to derail
    And replied to.

Hope your question was answered.

Hammertime
    Next to the bed: Books and a couple flashlights.

Five steps and a few push buttons away are:

Some pistols and rifles with WMLs. But no shotguns

The wife has her PPS M2 loaded 7+1 with Black Hills 115 TAC-XP +P and her old school (incandescent) Surefire E2D Defender light. She loves that stinkin "dim" light for some reason.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

590A1 w/SF foregrip

HPG Kit Bag serving as a chest rig w/ G19 plus medical and shotshells. Also have a spare leash for the German Shepherd in the bottom of the pistol compartment with some carabiners attached in case I need to restrain her or make a hasty fix to secure her somewhere.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Attached to bed frame at less than arm's length, on my side of the bed: G21 (gen 3) with WML, loaded with Federal 230gr HST, in an old Safariland level one security holster. (My kids are long grown and gone.)

In the same bedside apparatus is a 4-cell Maglite.

Multiple books and Blbles on the adjacent table.

Seven feet away, in the corner behind the door is a Remington 870 with a Vang Comp barrel, magazine tube loaded with 00 buck, chamber empty, muzzle up & covered with a "drop-off" cap.
    Last edited by SAWBONES; 02-14-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

This being Mindset & Tactics, in Software, not the Hardware section, my first thought was to dismiss this. Oh, well, I reckon that bedside hardware can be seen as a reflection of mindset/tactics.

Closest:

K9 alarm system. (Very light sleeper!)

G17.

Benelli M2.

Big Blade.

Surefire lights, both WML and hand-held.

Mobile phones. Yes, more than one.

Both slip-on leather shoes, and Danner boots. Nice to have choices. Silly to fight barefoot, if there is time to do otherwise.

Nearby:

Plate carrier, with Level III plates and IIIA kevlar backers, and, IIIA soft armor. Nice to have choices.

IIIA helmet.

Some things left unsaid, for privacy/security reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Both slip-on leather shoes, and Danner boots. Nice to have choices. Silly to fight barefoot, if there is time to do otherwise.
    I figure if I roll out buck naked and armed to the teeth, I'll have a better chance of scaring them off.

Clothes, including engineer boots and an insulating vest. 2 surefire lights. A pile of books I’m reading in bits and pieces. Cell phone. Spyderco civilian folder. Colt night cobra with Remington’s FBI load and a couple of HKS speedloaders of the same. Glasses and a set of disposable contacts that stays on the nightstand. Leight impact e-muffs. Something once made by one of a pair of brothers who went into business together. Bottled water. Ipad, charger and earbuds. Notebook and pen. Teddy bear in case I get scared.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List