Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What is by your bed?

Further in the ‘I can’t see for shit without my glasses’ theme, I wanted to add the smart charger cord I bought has an LED on the iPhone end. Very handy for locating the charger after SWMBO has turned her lights out.

Uciefy Charging Cable Smart Auto Disconnect Charger Cord 4FT Nylon Braided Fast USB Data Sync Cable LED Indicator Light Compatible with iPhone X/ 8/7/7 Plus /6/6 Plus /6s/5s and More

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07798HR2P..._U8FBCb38R7JR2

Three Great Danes, two of which would be happy to show you where I hide the good stuff. The other one, Jack, he most definitely wants to use your femur as a chew toy. I keep my daily carry handy, which has been my P365 lately. My wife is LEO in jail admin and depending on what tasks that are to been done the next day depends on what pistol she gets out of the safe. Full on duty is a G21 and the rest of the time is split between a Beretta 92 or her Springfield loaded 1911. I live in a unique area, it may bite me in the ass one day but any knock at the door at night I assume its someone needing help. There is no cell service for miles in either direction and I am the first accessible house you come to after 3 or so miles of vacant road. More than once I have answered a knock in the wee hours to find a bloody victim of a car crash standing on my porch. Being a firefighter/medic I just "go to work" and let the wife handle 911. Because of the small community here, the run out of gas/broke down people I usually know and out here in the country we help our neighbor.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    There are between 1.5 million and 3 million defensive uses of a firearm in the United States every year.

The vast majority of those are happening in or around the home.

Home invaders tend to come in packs, and they are armed either before they get in the house or shortly thereafter by visiting the kitchen or garage.

Whatever you have by your bed, it should have responding to that sort of threat in mind.

For me, it's a 12 gauge.
    3/15/2016

CZ Skorpion Evo with optic, brace, and 20 round mag.
    Will be putting a light on it when I get back this summer.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    CZ Skorpion Evo with optic, brace, and 20 round mag.
    Will be putting a light on it when I get back this summer.
    Ditto for me, but with 32 round mag with 147 grain HST. Not to drift again, but wow that little rifle is fun to shoot!!!

Also my EDC SP2022 with the same load out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I can’t add much to the thread, bedside wise. Usual stuff I suppose. iPhone plugged into the smart charger cord. iPad. Keys. Watch. Either my LCR or the Glock 26.5, in its holster (whichever I’ve been carrying).

I also wanted to mention one thing I have that I really really like. I don’t see real well without my glasses, so last fall, I bought this glow in the dark flashlight to try:

NEW 2016 376 Lumens Pelican 3310PL LED Photoluminescent Flashlight by CVPKG

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NULXSZK..._n6lBCbMCWTX9G

I love it. I place it bedside while I’m relaxing before bedtime and it charges from my lamp. The glow lasts all night, so it is easy to find it in the dark should the need arise.
    I have one of the glow in the dark flashlights I bought after Rich posted about them in another thread. I really like it.

I should add to my original post I have electronic ear pro by my gun belt. My pants, shirt, and pull on shoes sit on top of the Dutchies air crate.

When I’m at work my Sordins are hanging on my PR24. I’m one of the few on my Department who puts on electronic ear pro when I deploy with my rifle. Im paying for years of shooting gas guns and throwing flash bangs without ear pro. It’s another step but it takes a couple seconds to put them on.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I have one of the glow in the dark flashlights I bought after Rich posted about them in another thread. I really like it.

I should add to my original post I have electronic ear pro by my gun belt. My pants, shirt, and pull on shoes sit on top of the Dutchies air crate.

When I’m at work my Sordins are hanging on my PR24. I’m one of the few on my Department who puts on electronic ear pro when I deploy with my rifle. Im paying for years of shooting gas guns and throwing flash bangs without ear pro. It’s another step but it takes a couple seconds to put them on.
    My sordins are hanging from my cage, too. Rifle's out, sordins on, if there is time. Also use them when searching buildings with active fire/audible alarms.

My Mal sleeps in an exercise pen in the den. I know he can get out of it if he really wants to, but he doesn't. He can't be in the bedroom, because anytime I snored, sneezed, coughed, or farted he would start his "hey-dad-don't-pretend-you-want-to-sleep-because-I-really-want attention" whine and bark cycle. I tend to be a light enough sleeper that even in the den he will wake me up while the wife snoozes on.

A buddy of mine in college kept his lab mix in a crate next to his bed with the understanding that if something went bump in the night releasing the dog would tell him if the intruders were armed....Not quite a revere, but he didn't have to train her, and never had to test his theory.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    I pack a Beagle with a New York Reload.
    I only have one of those, though she's a hybrid model.

My nightstand has my phone, flashlight, and portable radio. Next to that is my super cool maxpedition manpurse with poop bags, flashlight, MK-6 OC spray, j-frame + reload, and an IFAK. If I'm getting up in the middle of the night it's 97% probably because the dog needs to go out to pee so the manpurse comes with me. Keeps things simple (though hypocritical since I'm generally opposed to off-body carry) I'm much more worried about having to evac for a fire than anything else, so I have a bag with essential stuff for that by the front door.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post

Tinnitus is no joke. I've had a ringing in my ears on and off for a few years now after exposure to damagingly loud noise (gunshots, among others)

Re: nightstand, I guess this is mine. Not especially interesting, nor usually posed thusly

User Tag List