Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: What is by your bed?

Right now? Scattergun Technologies ( Pre WC) K9 model 1187 with Surefire 620T Weaponlight forend loaded with 000 Buck. Why? Because it tends to make people stop what they are doing RIGHT NOW with monotonous regularity. The full power 000 patterns better than full power 00 (less pellet deformation) and I run full power loads instead of reduced recoil loads in the gas operated semi auto for reliability. Pistol is usually an RMR equipped 9mm Glock 17 with Inforce WML loaded with CCI Gold Dot 124+p.

Well, under the bed is a Mossberg ATI 500 Cruiser & beside the bed is a S&W 640 Pro.Name:  IMG_20181109_145621447.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  27.1 KBName:  IMG_20180926_070318436.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  32.6 KB

Today it is my G21SF.

W/a 13+4 mag as a primary mag loaded with regular old Gold Dots.

As much as I love my G34/19, I have had a 20+ year relationship with G21s, and in the winter (especially big game season) the fat guy comes out. So now he is sitting close by, keeping the old Belgian Browning Auto-5 company.

Edit to add: When the 21 gets carried however, the mag arrangement gets swapped, and the 17 round mag is the reload, with the standard mag as the primary. I have tried the big mag as a primary, and it was a bit much.
    Last edited by Lost River; 10-25-2019 at 08:52 PM.

ResMed 10 CPAP and a Streamlight flashlight. Guns are a couple steps away to give me time to wake up and get oriented.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    It's been a lot of different guns over the years but these days...Valtro PM5 with a Shield CQB. I like it because I can keep it unloaded, but chuck in a mag and be armed up pretty hard in no time. Plus a pump shotgun in Canada is like the legal equivalent of a frying pan, whereas an AR is a legal headache if you have it ready to go.

But I have been meaning to shorten the stock on the Valtro. The length of pull is crazy long.

Site Supporter
    M&P 9 M2.0 compact 4" with CT green laser, Federal HST 147gr, extra mag, flashlight.

Since this subforum includes Tactics, will raise a point that the range training guy at my new indoor range pointed out in a general purpose safety orientation for new members. He was making general suggestions about safety, and mentioned that even a bedside pistol should really be in a holster to avoid ND's when waking up and grabbing a pistol. Mine has lived in the nightstand, unholstered (my kids are older and out of the house). But he makes a valid point. I plan to add a holster even for the nightstand pistol.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Today it is my G21SF.

W/a 13+4 mag as a primary mag loaded with regular old Gold Dots.

As much as I love my G34/19, I have had a 20+ year relationship with G21s, and in the winter (especially big game season) the fat guy comes out. So now he is sitting close by, keeping the old Belgian Browning Auto-5 company.

Edit to add: When the 21 gets carried however, the mag arrangement gets swapped, and the 17 round mag is the reload, with the standard mag as the primary. I have tried the big mag as a primary, and it was a bit much.
    I used to own a Glock 21 and traded it for my G17. Don't regret it per se... but I know I am going to end up with another G21 at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    M&P 9 M2.0 compact 4" with CT green laser, Federal HST 147gr, extra mag, flashlight.

Since this subforum includes Tactics, will raise a point that the range training guy at my new indoor range pointed out in a general purpose safety orientation for new members. He was making general suggestions about safety, and mentioned that even a bedside pistol should really be in a holster to avoid ND's when waking up and grabbing a pistol. Mine has lived in the nightstand, unholstered (my kids are older and out of the house). But he makes a valid point. I plan to add a holster even for the nightstand pistol.
    Something like the the Suarez NPE Holster https://suarezinternational.com/suar...lock-17-19-26/ or the Dale Fricke Zacchaeus Holster https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...lment-holster/ works well to protect the trigger from clumsy handling while waking up. They are inexpensive , protect the trigger guard area and can also be had for WML equipped guns.

About 2 feet from my bed... a .45 Glock 30 and a 12G Remington 870.

Site Supporter
    Got younger kids, so it's locked in a pistol box, but currently XD9 with a Hilight PS5 on it (yeah, it was like $24, but it works), loaded with Winchester Defend 147's, and a handheld light on the headboard. When it comes to time to trade out and I'm out of the Winchester, it'll go to HST 124's.

I'd have one of my Berettas in there, but the M9 and 92 compact don't have rails, and the new PX4 won't take the lights I have, so I'd have to get a new light. I might at some point, but I just got the gun.

User Tag List