Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What is by your bed?

Site Supporter
    I only sleep with the essentials at my bedside...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My side:

In nightstand - G19 with OLIGHT PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie - stoked with 147 gr standard pressure HST & 2 spare mags
    Under bed - 870 with LE132 00

Wifey's side - S&W 64 with 125 gr Golden Saber (Yeah she is a revolver girl)

Site Supporter
    Under my side of the bed - (for a bump outside the house) CZ Scorpion pistol w/ NForce WML / 124gr +P Gold Dot (sling mounted...not in pic)

Nightstand - (for a bump inside the house) Sig P320 M17 w/ OLight PL2 Valkyrie / 147gr HST, and a Surefire Fury Defender

Bedside table: Glock 45 with Ameriglo Troopers, and a WML, loaded with 124 +P Black Belt.

Closet: Springer Saint with Mk 318, light, and Romeo 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    This is the magazine. I haven't had a chance to use one in training or anything like that but just at the range I have yet to have a malfunction with them

I have the Magpul 12 rounders for the 26, and a couple of the 21 rounders that I'll only use in matches or training in my 19. They have functioned fine with use but tend to stick and hang up in the magwell.
    Maybe I'm too fussy about the drop free thing, but it has kept me from carrying them as backups vs OEM 17 rounders.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Kinky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Bruh,

It's what is by your bed.

Not "In your nightstand".

Not "In your prison purse".

___

Last night I had one of "those" dreams. The kind where you're dealing with something at night. And you need a gun. In my case it was a shapeshifting monster that kept alternating between pissed off weretiger and an old friend of mine (that used to be a neighbor but hasn't been a neighbor for a decade). I went to grab the shotgun from beside the bed and it...wasn't there. So I went to the safe and opened it to grab a handgun or an AR. And the only gun in the safe was a High Standard Derringer in .22...Not the thing to fight off a weretiger. As I went to confront the thing and shot that stupid derringer and it failed to stop the cat, I woke up just as I was pounced on.

Moral of the story is...I got up this morning and checked every damn gun in the house. I think this might have been a casual sub-conscious feeling that I'm not satisfied with my current performance in shooting. So, I think I'll schedule some range time next week. And...I think I might need an LTT 1301 to snuggle with. Just to keep the lions, tigers, bears, and nightmares at bay.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-29-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Kinky.
    One can catch more motherfucking flies with honey than vinegar, bro.

At any rate, I gave a serious answer to this thread at the office; over 6 months ago. Somebody had to, er, take the bullet on the low-hanging humor fruit at this point, IMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

G19 and a couple of spare mags/RA9T, streamlight 1l-1aa, 11.5" AR w/ Surefire 6p (w 1,000lumen head) and RDS/55gr Hornady SP

User Tag List