Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Password Management 2019

Password Management 2019

I am tired of remembering passwords. I’m even more tired of forgetting passwords. What are the current recommendations for password management software/apps/practices?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    What sort of platforms/devices do you use? Are you wanting an app that can remember passwords across multiple devices?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I really like Lastpass and use it on Android,PC phone,tablet etc.. Easy to set up use and update as well as change passwords to new more secure passwords from old ones. It also suggests passwords based on the sites criteria, easy to say or easy to remember.

I like LastPass as well...even if not a perfect solution to the issue.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    What sort of platforms/devices do you use? Are you wanting an app that can remember passwords across multiple devices?
    iOS, OS X, and Windows. Something that works across multiple platforms would be great.

KeePassXC for MacOS and MiniKeepass for iPhone work well for me and since they share a common, open-source database structure you can sync up easily though iTunes without using the Cloud. It also works on Linux. You can integrate it with your browser and use their Global Entry, but I don't bother - I just use their very nice Auto Type, which transfers UID and password without using cut/paste and the clipboard, which would be a security risk. (Apps have access to the clipboard.) It's free.

I went back to KeePassXC after trying 1Password for Mac - I thought it was more trouble to set up than KeePassXC.

Basically, though, I use the Firefox Password Manager on a daily basis for everything except financial and health sites, but I put all passwords in KeyPassXC in case I need them and don't happen to be packing my browser at the time.
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 02-13-2019 at 05:12 PM.

I use Keypass, and sync the file off my own server between a number of clients (Windows, Linux and Android). There's an IOS client too, and you can use Dropbox or something similar for sync if you don't have your own server.

Lastpass is buggy junk. Keypass isn't perfect (no software is), but it's the best option I've found.

Site Supporter
    Keepass user here. I have it on our main PC and on my phone.

Chris

BitWarden and KeePassXC

Just change all your passwords to password, or if they require numbers pa55word or if they require other Pa55word. Nobody else uses that.

User Tag List