Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Pocket Carry

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    What is "NPE"?
    Non-Permissive Environment

Basically a place where you’re either going to get fired or go to jail for being caught carrying a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Non-Permissive Environment

Basically a place where you’re either going to get fired or go to jail for being caught carrying a gun.

Often includes a non optional dress code that precludes "Dress around the gun"

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Does pocket carry increase the wear & tear on your outfits?
    I can tell you that pocket carrying a revolver with no holster does. The front sight wore a hole in my "mowing the yard" pants very quickly. However I've yet to see any issues with the same revolver in a coat pocket. I suppose the motion of it swinging as I did lawn work is the difference.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 02-28-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    What is "NPE"?
    Generally a place where it is legal to carry a gun, but where there is some consequence for getting caught that exceeds merely getting kicked out of a place and asked not to return.

It could mean getting fired.

It could mean losing a big repeat client that does not like guns.

It could mean not being able to see a specific doctor that has a particular expertise you or your family needs (in the case of a hospital with a no guns policy).

It could mean that your research leads you to believe that your carry is legal in that location, but you know that those making the arresting and charging decisions might disagree.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    One additional point should be made regarding wear on clothing. The single biggest wear issue I have experienced is my G19 wearing holes in untucked polo shirts. The G19 is far more likely to wear a hole in a polo shirt than my G26 is to wear a hole in a pants pocket. For this reason, as well as better concealment, my G26 is far more commonly my choice for IWB carry.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Pic Says it All

I think this pic says it all. My Shield compared to my LCP 2. LCP 2 just slides right into my front or back pocket (inside soft pocket holster).

Name:  IMG_0066.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  48.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I can tell you that pocket carrying a revolver with no holster does. The front sight wore a hole in my "mowing the yard" pants very quickly. However I've yet to see any issues with the same revolver in a coat pocket. I suppose the motion of it swinging as I did lawn work is the difference.
    Clip Draw works great for holster less pocket and waist carry, keeps it suspended and in one spot.
    Of course it also leaves the grip completely outside the pocket, but mowing the lawn and taking out the trash shouldn't bring you under close observation anyway.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List