Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Lasers

Green Lasers

Wife wants a laser on her carry pistol. I’m wondering is a green laser worth the extra money? We live in AZ and I hear green lasers are much easier to see in sun light. I’m specifically looking at the CT CMR-206 Rail Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Wife wants a laser on her carry pistol. I’m wondering is a green laser worth the extra money? We live in AZ and I hear green lasers are much easier to see in sun light. I’m specifically looking at the CT CMR-206 Rail Master.
    Our eye is more sensitive to the green in the spectrum. Yes, a green laser will appear much brighter than a red laser.
    Real guns have hammers.

Site Supporter
    If you want to use it in daylight, you want green, IMHO.

We've been holding low light "night matches" for 4 or 5 years now.
    WML/green laser combinations dominate the matches, nothing else is even close.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Bonus/better use for green lasers: they make for extremely good pointers for stargazing in groups.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Bonus/better use for green lasers: they make for extremely good pointers for stargazing in groups.
    I have one of these, it's a freaking green monster but you have to be extremely careful that the sky is aircraft free before sky pointing.
    We were using it out here in the desert on a clear night and you could see it against a cliff that was at least 5 miles away.
    {edit: I just pulled it up on Google maps and the cliff was 11.2 miles from our campsite!}
    Last edited by JodyH; 02-13-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

So far, everyone is correct about the advantage of green lasers.

But

Red lasers are universally known as the "knock it the F off" illuminator. I know we don't train for people to be scared of pumping a shotgun or pointing a gun at them, but psychologically red lasers are effective

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I have one of these, it's a freaking green monster but you have to be extremely careful that the sky is aircraft free before sky pointing.
    We were using it out here in the desert on a clear night and you could see it against a cliff that was at least 5 miles away.
    {edit: I just pulled it up on Google maps and the cliff was 11.2 miles from our campsite!}
    Damn! That thing is just short of being a lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I’m specifically looking at the CT CMR-206 Rail Master.

The rail master units aren’t duty or carry worthy in my opinion. The mounting system is plastic and isn’t robust enough to retain zero. If you’re looking for something to mess around with as a range toy or as a dry fire/trigger control accessory, they’re passable. As a real use device to rely on in an emergency, not so much.

I have a green laser on my Glock 19X and another on my Keltec Sub 2K. They’re more expensive than reds, burn batteries quicker than reds, but they’re worth every penny. Buy a good quality one, though...I suspect you’d be quite disappointed with the one you’re looking at.
    The Glock has a Streamlight. Excellent quality but expensive. The Sub 2K has a Barska, which is surprisingly good given the price. All aluminum construction & very recoil tolerant; I’ve run it on a 12ga semi auto with zero issues; no drift, no malfunctions. I’d have put one on the 19X if I could have found a holster to accommodate it without having to get something custom

User Tag List