I’ve used lasers on duty guns since 2003, and I like them. I have some red and a green laser, and while the green is brighter, it’s not bright enough to make it an “all the time” solution.

As for real work use, I have three stories. The first involved a traffic stop at around 2am. Bad guy dodn’t Know two cops were in the car. When I opened his passenger door he immediately ceased trying to acces the stolen Luger in his pocket. While detaining, Letting the laser dance on the dash before informing him it was now on the back of his head seemed effective.

Second story was an “assault with a deadly weapon” suspect who had just stabbed someone. He still had the knife in his hand as he took off when we pulled up. We found him under a car in a garage a few apartments away. As he crawled out when we ordered him, I let the laser drift in front of his face. He burst into sobbing crying while pleading for us not to tase him....lol...ok.

Third involved a guy who had just threatened his sister with a handgun. He’d left and dropped the handgun at his house but I didn’t know that when I saw his truck. As I pulled behind him he stopped in the middle of the road and began to yell, taunt, and request that I shoot him. I danced that laser over his face over and over and he didn’t care at all...

My favorite are the shotgun stories... it doesn’t always scare the shit out of bad guys, but when it does, it’s like nothing else!