Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new carry revolver

A pancake style OWB holster and a stiff rigger's type belt makes carrying a 3" K frame and two reloads a non-issue.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-14-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Looks like you might get it for $335??? No reserve, no bids??
    And 5 days left on the auction. Screw it. I'll bid the $335 and see what happens. I won four M&P's that way for $250 each.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have a 3" SP that I typically carry in a Summer Special 2 and I would say it carries BETTER with the bit of extra barrel (strongside, 3:00). It seems like the cylinder is behind the belt and it rides nicely.
    I carry a 4" barreled .38 IWB semi-regularly and the longer barrel stabilizes the gun and keeps the butt from tilting outward, in my experience.

OP is overthinking the crap out of this.

• Find a used K frame with the lock for cheap
    • Buy a TK Customs ILS plug.
    • Open up sideplate
    • Remove mainspring and hammer
    • Remove lock arm (the flag)
    • Remove lock cylinder and spring
    • Install plug in the ILS hole
    • Replace hammer and mainspring
    • Replace sideplate

Enjoy
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-14-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Site Supporter

S&W Performance M19

I'm intrigued by the new S&W Performance Center M19: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...-19-carry-comp. Jerry Miculek did an interesting video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliTo_SnPIE. I handled and dry fired a sample at First Stop Guns in Rapid City, SD and was impressed. The lock is easy enough to lose. Even I can do it: https://www.originalprecision.com/lo...ete-parts.html. I wonder if a similar PC M66 will be produced. From the Big Empty, ELN.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I carry a 4" barreled .38 IWB semi-regularly and the longer barrel stabilizes the gun and keeps the butt from tilting outward, in my experience.
    A 4" K frame (first an M67-1, then an M10-8) was my primary gun for about ten years, both IWB and OWB. It's much easier to conceal one of those than an autoloader, even a single-stack.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    A 4" K frame (first an M67-1, then an M10-8) was my primary gun for about ten years, both IWB and OWB. It's much easier to conceal one of those than an autoloader, even a single-stack.
    I find my 3" 65 conceals better than any of my semis except maybe a Glock 43.

A lot of people who claim a revolver's cylinder makes it more difficult to conceal evidently have never tried to actually conceal one.

The very fact that most profiles on a revolver are curved instead of angular and linear makes them much easier to conceal than almost any semi auto of similar physical footprint.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    And less painful, in my case. My work G23 carried IWB sometimes presses on the hip in such a manner that it aggravates my sciatica. Haven't had that issue with the 4" Smith K or 4" Ruger GP-100 .38 carried in a Galco Summer Comfort holster. Still trying to figure out a way to carry HKS #10 or #586 speedloaders that doesn't tie up my strong side jeans pocket where my 442 lives.
    I am currently relying on a 2x2x2 belt ammo pouch and two speed strips in the same pocket with the snub.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 02-14-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have carried both revolvers and semiautos. I do find semiautos easier to conceal and more comfortable to carry. The flat sides increase the surface area against my side, reducing pressure and increasing comfort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List