Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revolvers are passé... Claude Werner

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    @OP, copying and pasting an entire blogger's article into a forum post is generally considered to be in bad taste. Post a short excerpt and then link back to the original post.
    Sorry for breaking the internet good manner rules code?

The link is there. I think a link to the original source is always a sign of respect to the author, and a help to anyone that wants to dig deeper into the topic.

In this case, not much of original content (in the sense of the author's opinion, experience, recomendations, etc.), really... just a short compilation of production numbers to show how overwhelmingly popular the 380s have become in comparison to the 38 spl snubbies. Something we all knew but perhaps never expected the numbers to be so skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Sorry for breaking the internet good manner rules code?

The link is there. I think a link to the original source is always a sign of respect to the author, and a help to anyone that wants to dig deeper into the topic.

In this case, not much of original content (in the sense of the author's opinion, experience, recomendations, etc.), really... just a short compilation of production numbers to show how overwhelmingly popular the 380s have become in comparison to the 38 spl snubbies. Something we all knew but perhaps never expected the numbers to be so skewed.
    Okay, I'll explain this differently.

I'm a content creator. That means I write stuff for money. Let's say I run ads on my website as a way to make money, and you see something you like on my website. If you post a short excerpt and a link, that directs the traffic back to my website. If you post the entire article then no one goes to my website, and you're essentially taking money out of my pocket. In short, you're stealing.

There's a reason why when The Truth about Guns just straight up ripped people's articles and reposted them people got mad.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Right. Doesn't one of those "smaller accessory brands" just happen to make the lock mechanism used in S&W revolvers?
    http://www.aob.com/our-brands/

None that I can tell. You might be thinking of Tompkins PLC, which owned S&W and a multitude of unrelated businesses in the 90s. Tompkins sold off S&W in 2000.

The lock has no reason to be on any S&W firearm other than pure stupidity.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-13-2019 at 12:56 PM.

I'm a content creator. That means I write stuff for money. Let's say I run ads on my website as a way to make money, and you see something you like on my website. If you post a short excerpt and a link, that directs the traffic back to my website. If you post the entire article then no one goes to my website, and you're essentially taking money out of my pocket. In short, you're stealing.

There's a reason why when The Truth about Guns just straight up ripped people's articles and reposted them people got mad.
    For a longer article with more original content, I would agree.

The link is there... nobody knows if what I posted is the entire article or if there something else super interesting on this topic in the original site. Probably many people clicked the link to see for themselves.

I've tried hard to find a place for a snubby revolver in my CCW toolkit, but I just don't need one.

Main CCW: CZ P-07
    Small CCW: G43
    NPE CCW: LCP
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Thank you for the explanation.

The link is there... nobody knows if what I posted is the entire article or if there something else super interesting on this topic in the original site. Probably many people clicked the link to see for themselves.
    So stealing isn't bad as long as the article is short?

It's not up to you to decide that. It's up to the content owner or creator.

So stealing isn't bad as long as the article is short?
    "stealing"??... In this case I probably provided more traffic for his site, if anything.

Some articles are very short. If you paste a mere well selecter phrase the meat of the article is over.

What do you want? What is the word limit, in your enlightened opinion?

User Tag List