Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revolvers are passé... Claude Werner

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Other than a hand full of j-frames, everything is ILS equipped. I've no interest in new S&W revolvers. One of the pleasures of revolvers is the aesthetics, which is ruined by the key hole in the side, IMO. Pre-lock revolvers are collectibles and seem to only increase in price. Lock equipped guns are just used guns, at least for now.
    I cringe when I see modern S&W offerings and remember what they had up to mid '90s...

Judging by the large font "No Lock" announcement, S&W isn't as proud of the Hillary Hole as once it was.

The concern is that S&W's modern quality control is apparently less than it was in decades past, to judge from user reports.

Probably cooked into the design. Originally built to be "fitted", the same design is now "assembled". We know that assembled guns, if originally designed as such, can do good work (Glock, MSRs), but they'll never have the appeal of a brace of Registered Magnums.

I don't know anybody with a "brace of Registered Magnums" but Richard "Skylark" Seaton.

I thought that "Golden Age" revolvers were produced by "selective assembly" from parts on hand. I wondered what they did with the parts that didn't mate up with anything. File fit or discard?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I don't know anybody with a "brace of Registered Magnums" but Richard "Skylark" Seaton.

I thought that "Golden Age" revolvers were produced by "selective assembly" from parts on hand. I wondered what they did with the parts that didn't mate up with anything. File fit or discard?
    Judging by the myriad of minute variations in S&W revolvers over time, they never discarded anything ... probably they found a home somewhere where tolerance stacking was in its favor, or got filed and fitted.

It would be impossible to ascertain, but I'd like to know how many of those 380s sold per year are actually carried on a regular basis.

The numbers are neat to see, but the only thing that surprises me is that Jimenez Arms actually makes that many 380s.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Didn't we already know that more semi auto handguns are produced and sold than revolvers?

@OP, copying and pasting an entire blogger's article into a forum post is generally considered to be in bad taste. Post a short excerpt and then link back to the original post.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Why Why Why can't S&W just STOP with the damned locks?

If they were such a damned good idea why aren't they included in all S&W firearms? That logical question destroys any liability concerns.
    What company makes the lock?
    What company owns S&W?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What company makes the lock?
    What company owns S&W?
    Smith and Wesson is a publicly traded company, part of the American Outdoor Brands Corporation which also owns Gemtech, Crimson Trace, and a host of smaller accessory brands.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Smith and Wesson is a publicly traded company, part of the American Outdoor Brands Corporation which also owns Gemtech, Crimson Trace, and a host of smaller accessory brands.
    Right. Doesn't one of those "smaller accessory brands" just happen to make the lock mechanism used in S&W revolvers?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List