Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revolvers are passé... Claude Werner

Revolvers are passé... Claude Werner

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress....ers-are-passe/

The 2017 BATF production statistics, Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Export Report (AFMER), https://www.atf.gov/file/133476/download have been released. There are some interesting facts about market trends in it. The snub nose .38, which was a long time standard for Personal Protection, has clearly been replaced in popularity by compact .380 ACP autoloaders. This continues a trend that has been building for a decade.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 02-13-2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Stop posting the full text of copyrighted works...

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post

Aficionados might be experiencing a ‘revolver resurgence,’ but the general public just isn’t interested.
    That's OK. I'm not interested in what the general public does.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The stats can be a little mis-leading. I’m a life long revolver guy. I don’t care for any of the current production revolver models. I have three S&W J frames manufactured pre-2000(before the lock). If they were ever lost/destroyed/stolen, I would search out similar models in the used gun market (LGS, gun broker).

P.S.: My 1976 S&W model 60 gets the most use. I used it as my second LEOSA gun to get qualified on last time around. 30 round off duty course, from 3-15 yards, all shots double action. Perfect score. It works.
    Last edited by Inspector71; 02-13-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That's OK. I'm not interested in what the general public does.

A-men.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Ruger’s production statistics are interesting. It produced 12 times as many .380s as LCRs. In fact, .380 production for 2017, 376,304 units, was 80 percent greater than all their other centerfire autoloaders combined. Over the past ten years, Ruger’s production of the LCP has averaged 227,220 units annually. Production of the LCP as of Year End 2017 has been 2,272,204 pistols, making it one of the most popular pistols in America.
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

LCP: MSRP: $259.00

.38 LCR: MSRP: $579.00

Polymer .380s are incredibly cheap and that's the largest (or sole) decision point for a large portion of the market.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    The stats can be a little mis-leading. I’m a life long revolver guy. I don’t care for any of the current production revolver models. I have three S&W J frames manufactured pre-2000(before the lock). If they were ever lost/destroyed/stolen, I would search out similar models in the used gun market (LGS, gun broker).

P.S.: My 1976 S&W model 60 gets the most use. I used it as my second LEOSA gun to get qualified on last time around. 30 round off duty course, from 3-15 yards, all shots double action. Perfect score. It works.

Probably because I just drank a large coffee, I now have the nerve to display my ignorance of S&W revolvers. Is there any way to get a new Model 60 (or any S&W revolver) without the hole/lock?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Other than a hand full of j-frames, everything is ILS equipped. I've no interest in new S&W revolvers. One of the pleasures of revolvers is the aesthetics, which is ruined by the key hole in the side, IMO. Pre-lock revolvers are collectibles and seem to only increase in price. Lock equipped guns are just used guns, at least for now.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

The concern is that S&W's modern quality control is apparently less than it was in decades past, to judge from user reports.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Why Why Why can't S&W just STOP with the damned locks?

If they were such a damned good idea why aren't they included in all S&W firearms? That logical question destroys any liability concerns.

User Tag List