Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Need an M4A1 clone

My PSA SOCOM profile upper came in yesterday. It 's a legit FN barrel and it's the right weight and profile so that's cool. Dropped an RAS on it and a BCM H2 buffer in the lower and it should be a decent rifle to flog the snot out of until the PSA bolt breaks. Then I'll get a decent BCG for it.

Also ordered a Vortex SPARC for it. It takes a AAA battery and there's not much sense putting an MRO on a $500-ish PSA rifle.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 04-17-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

The PSA rifle has been fine, though I haven't really flogged it yet.

The S&W M&P15-22 has ran well excpet for the bolt has consistently failed to lock open on the last round. A quick google search revealed that this is a common problem going back several years. A thread from 2011 said the fix was to clip 1 1/2 coils off the bolt release spring so I did and that fixed it. I suspect S&W is using the same spring as in their centerfire rifles so the rimfire mag springs don't have enough force to push the bolt catch up in front of the bolt in time.

The other issue with the M&P15-22 is the mags don't drop free. My first thought is to sand the mag bodies down for a looser fit but I don't know how sensitive the rifle is to feed angle. If the mags are loose it might cause the gun to choke. I'm going to have to carefully sand one until it just barely drops free and test it.

The Vortec SPARC AR red dots I put on each, and another on my PSA 10.5" AR pistol, have been great. The field of view leaves something to be desired but for the price and the fact they use a AAA battery I am happy with them.

Aim Surplus had a sale on MRO's with mounts for $370 and free shipping so I grabbed one. Should have grabbed two but oh well.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

If anyone is looking for a clone Recoil Gunworks is selling the FN collector clone for $1149 which is crazy cheap for these.

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/milit...m_medium=email

User Tag List