Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The PF wine thread

The PF wine thread

My first Cab in...a long time.

https://www.ste-michelle.com/shop/al...rnet-sauvignon

Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 16. "This is an inviting Cab with plenty of complexity and structure with silky tannins. It’s also very versatile with food. Enjoy it with beef tenderloin or pasta."

It didn't overpower the meal (beef) and felt lighter than maybe I've had before. We paid about $11. I liked it.

Last edited by RJ; 03-13-2019 at 06:36 PM.

I love the pairings:

FOOD PAIRINGS
    bleu cheese, duck, beef, veal, dark chocolate

How'd they forget Cheetos or Red Licorice?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Another go at the Uno Malbec last night. Very good at $11.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been enjoying a couple of French Malbecs from Cahors, (haven't yet tried the earlier recommended Kermit Lynch offerings but I have received them from the local shop and they will be up next), and also a Kermit Lynch "Languedoc" which we opened to pair with a tri-tip we had for dinner last night.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have been a Cab guy for a long time and just got told by my cousin I need to venture into Pinot. Recommendations?

I've basically discovered while I enjoy beer with friends, wine and whiskey/bourbon is what I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have been a Cab guy for a long time and just got told by my cousin I need to venture into Pinot. Recommendations?
    Find tastings, or a wine bar with a good selection, and small/inexpensive glasses. (And a good sommelier.)

Seriously, pinots are all over the place.

And that's without pointing out that the difference between pinot noir and pinot grigio/gris is... huge.
    Last edited by Drang; 03-28-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post

Start with the vin de bourgognes i.e. the burgundies from france. The daily drinkers, that can be escalated as far as you want, but a transition to the U.S. west coast pinots (same Grape) at any price point isn't an issue. Reds first, whites later if you must.....

https://youtu.be/y54DR8mFuCk

A new rose crafted with the finest grape varietals.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    By the way, if someone wants a good drinkable Merlot, we have had bottle after bottle of this WA state wine, it is consistently good value for money; very drinkable:

https://www.instacart.com/publix/pro...-valley-750-ml
    CA has about 4000 wineries. WA only about 900.

I have a theory about west coast wineries. People with too much money buy the land and plant a bunch of grapes so they can write off the loses at tax time. It also gives them a place to entertain and impress their guests. Takes about 5 years to get established, about the same amount of time you can write off the business lose.

Very good for people who like good wine. I know some good WA wines but it really is a matter of taste.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-01-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Nice Malbec tonight.

http://www.alamoswinesus.com/seleccion-malbec

Pretty stout tannin flavor, but smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List