Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The PF wine thread

Tonight was pork chops, broccoli, long grin and wild rice, and a bottle of Fess Parker Winery's Santa Barbara County Chardonnay, 2013 from the Bien Nacido Vineyard.

The missus is very particular about chards, some of them can set off her migraines. The fad for overly-oaked chards, especially the ones where you feel like there is an entire oak tree in every glass, had her violently against any chardonnay. She long had an aversion to champagne, and after going to a series of champagne tastings (low, middle, and high end) at our friendly local vino store realized that it was due to so many champagnes depending on mostly chardonnay grapes.

But this went down easy, and seems to have no ill effects.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

We opened this one the other night with some roast chicken...

A petite sirah blend. Nice bold wine.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The PF wine thread

One of our favorite go tos; a nice ‘15 Indian Wells Merlot.

Will go well with the Rib Eye which is coming off the grill shortly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 11-28-2019 at 04:19 PM.

To complement the turkey...(don't look, RJ)

There's nothing civil about this war.

I was in Mexico City earlier this month. As is my wont, we drank a local wine at a restaurant offering northern Italian cuisine. It happened to be one of the best bottles I have ever had. Not sure if it is available in the USA, but I highly recommend it if you are ever in Mexico.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The PF wine thread

Nice 2017 La Crema Pinot Noir tonight. Paired with a hearty beef stroganoff. Not so over powering as a Cab. Robert Parker of wine.com says, of this 91 point vintage:

”The 2017 Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast comes from fruit across the appellation including Russian River and Carneros. It aged nine months in 25% new oak. Pale to medium ruby, it has a bright, inviting nose of cranberries, woodsmoke, cola, bergamot and crushed black cherries with accents of earth, sweet spice, citrus peel and flowers. It's light to medium-bodied, silky and bursting with ripe fruits, enlivened by juicy acidity and finishing long and lifted. This is a great value! 253,000 cases produced.

Nice bottle for about $20.

The PF wine thread

‘16 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ‘La Crema’ with the steaks tonight (I know). Very buttery. Tastes like...Summer. One of our favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    By the way, if someone wants a good drinkable Merlot, we have had bottle after bottle of this WA state wine, it is consistently good value for money; very drinkable:

https://www.instacart.com/publix/pro...-valley-750-ml
    WA grows some fine Merlot grapes. Practically all the Merlot from WA is good. I'll take a good Merlot over just about anything.

Try this one, or just about any Merlot from WA, or Pinot from Willamette Valley OR. I have some friends in McMinnville OR that buy Willamette Pinot buy the case. I don't drink white wine but they know it well.

https://www.hoguecellars.com/product...er&maxRows=10&
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-02-2020 at 08:22 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List