Thread: Ron Avery Interview

Hammertime

Ron Avery Interview

I found this interview extremely worthwhile.

https://firearmsnation.com/ron-avery...summit-replay/

In addition I have yet to listen to an episode of Firearms Nation where I don’t learn something new. It is the best shooting oriented podcast I have found.

Site Supporter
    I took a class from Ron Avery awhile back. It was worth every penny and I have long wanted to attend his week long class

Added to queue!

Sad news, indeed...

Ron E. Avery passed away on Saturday, February 23, 2019, after a long battle with cancer. He was 62, and lived in Ouray, CO. Ron was a former police officer, as well as a recognized researcher and world-class shooter, winning many local, state, national and international competitions. He provided firearms training to all branches of the military, select government agencies, hundreds of federal, state, and municipal law enforcement agents, and countless clients in the private sector.

He was the co-founder of the Tactical Performance Center in St. George, UT, which teaches his doctrine of Reactive Shooting. He is the author of the forthcoming book, Reactive Shooting, which explains this doctrine in greater depth. Ron wrote for many different publications and had his own column in PoliceOne.com.

Ron is survived by his wife Michelle Poirier, and daughters Sarah Smith (nee Avery) and Samantha Avery, together with four (4) brothers (Paul, Neil, Alan and Bob) and four (4) sisters (Barbara Avery, Mary Bennett, S. Avery Smith and Joan Poundstone).

At his request, no viewing or funeral services will be held, and he will be cremated.

A memorial service is planned for the USPSA National Match in September, 2019, in St. George, Utah.

Ron will be missed. May He Rest In Peace.

User Tag List