Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Hard Primer 9x19 Ammo

Site Supporter

Looking for Hard Primer 9x19 Ammo

I want something tough to set off to see if a light hammer spring is good to go in my PX4 D. Carry load is HST, so it's probably overkill. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    S&B, IMI, and perhaps Lawman which uses CCI caps.

Site Supporter
    The last case or two of 115gr Brown Bear that I bought had some hard primers. That was 12-18 months ago, I think.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Revchuck, I've used a whole bunch of different factory 9mm, and have loaded 9mm for years using standard small pistol primers, and for testing purposes, small pistol magnum primers, and small rifle primers. The hardest 9mm primers I've personally come across, are those used in the factory Winchester Q4318 9MM NATO ammo. Primer indents are shallower in my guns when using this ammo, and I got instant misfires in one gun when I tried to go to a slightly lighter mainspring. The Winchester NATO is the one I would use for a test such as you describe......ymmv
    Last edited by Rock185; 02-12-2019 at 04:43 AM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    Revchuck, I've used a whole bunch of different factory 9mm, and have loaded 9mm for years using standard small pistol primers, and for testing purposes, small pistol magnum primers, and small rifle primers. The hardest 9mm primers I've personally come across, are those used in the factory Winchester Q4318 9MM NATO ammo. Primer indents are shallower in my guns when using this ammo, and I got instant misfires in one gun when I tried to go to a slightly lighter mainspring. The Winchester NATO is the one I would use for a test such as you describe......ymmv
    Same. I bought a case of this and ran across multiple FTFire across 4 Glocks in one range session. Even had the same issue with what looks like light strikes, but I’m running Fiocchi, Remington UMC, and Hornady with zero problems. I don’t think it’s “bad” per se, just something to be aware of, and probably exactly what you’re looking for.

I use Wolf for that.

Winchester SP and CCI 500s are a good baseline for me.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

S&B are hard...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    I've got about a box and a half of this left from the last case I bought. It worked fine in my TDA PX4s with 12 lb. hammer springs. I'm optimistic that it'll work with the 11 lb. one too, I'll probably see tomorrow.

Good deal. You don't even have to go out and buy ammo for your test I'd be interested in your results.

User Tag List